Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton is Massive

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Went passed the stadium on the train back from the non game today. They already had the heaters out on the pitch, hope this will help haven't seen a game in over a month starting to feel a bit lost.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
my local forecast is for -1 or -4 tonight depending on which you look at but it's already -5

for whatever reason the temperature lows seem to have been underestimated for the last week

I'm sure this game will be on though and for me it IS a must win as it will set the tone for the most important run of league games so far this season. We have to start winning again and quickly because the reluctance of our competitors to take advantage of our "blip" won't last forever

then and now

Jan 16, 2010
Why is everyone worrying at the moment, we are top of the league with games in hand on certain clubs so the pressure is not on us, if we win clubs below us have to win to keep up, gus and the back room staff are no idiots they will get it right so lets believe in them and the team and stop worrying and look forward to our new stadium nxt season

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Position Team P GD PTS
1 Brighton 19 16 36
2 Sheff Wed 21 13 33
3 Huddersfield 20 9 32
4 Charlton 19 6 32
5 Bournemouth 19 15 30
6 Colchester 19 2 30

Looks good at the moment... I would take a point on wednesday

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
To claim it's a "must win" is rather ridiculous in my view. Would it be nice to win - of course, but games against other promotion contenders are probably not going to be easy. I know we stormed it in the away match, and it would be great to start another run (which would have been easier again the Daggers IMO), but must win, no, not at all.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Honestly don't think its any more important than any other game. Only 3 points up for grabs whatever

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Due to fixtures elsewhere a point would be ok if we get 3 vs little Orient

Quite nice playing a day after as we'll know the exact implications and can only further motivate us.

Charlton would be happy with a point I suspect

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To describe any game as early as December as a "must win" is to fall for the SkySports football hype IMHO.

Yes, you want to win, but I want to win every game, and I don't seriously consider throwing myself off Beachy Head or demanding twelve new signings and the immediate resignation of Poyet and Taricco if we slip up on occasion.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Spot on , Edna..........................double bubble today ? Lucky thing !

And yesterday, and Christmas Day...and January 3rd :clap2:

Have had no social life whatsoever of course, but will take the money and run on this occasion. And I'm probably the only one who is glad the Daggers game was off as I should be able to make the rearranged date. Joy.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
If Southamton beat Huddersfield tomorrow, then a win against Charlton would make the table look very good indeed. But not a MUST WIN..

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If Southamton beat Huddersfield tomorrow, then a win against Charlton would make the table look very good indeed. But not a MUST WIN..

is the correct answer ...but a win would be the cream on the cake ,I mean do any of the following pack WANT to win a game

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
as far as i'm concerned, every game to the end of the season is a Must Win!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I consider all home games as must win. That aside, the win is badly needed as it has been a few weeks and if we don't the time without a victory is extended and continues our wobble!...But if we get a positive result then it will be a massive shot in the arm and a confidence boost. It will then allow us to start another winning running with a more favourable set of upcoming fixtures.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here