Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fans like us........

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Friend Or Defoe

June 7

They'll be in the premiership within the decade.

Henry Irving

June 8

Their success annoys Palace fans so all good. The weak attempts by the Glaziers to deny that the Seaguls are getting much bigger crowds in a far more modern staduim are fun to read.

I like those comments.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
quite liked page 2, 2 comments

"Friend Or Defoe
8:49AM
It will be the away game of the season drinks wise!

The comments criticising Brighton's support are ridiculous, they're ground was a joke. Look at their away followings, that should end that debate.

Their hardcore fans will be loving the current success...

Valiantphil
9:19AM
Agreed.

They brought 3000 to the Valley on a Tuesday night, totally out-sung us and totally out-played us.

Our best move in that game, was when the OAP came out of the West Stand and told Parky his future.

:)

albionite

May 20, 2009
TheBrand09

June 7

" I live down this area of the world and there's a lot of people i know who are Brighton season ticket holders but wouldn't class themselves as Brighton fans. Fair play to them they are getting the cash from them still. Doing really well atmo but will be interesting to see what the attendance is like if they go on a downwards slump. "
samcooke91 said:

"I go to Sussex Uni and the stadium is literally next to campus, think a lot of the new fans are students. Can't hurt either that the stadium is fantastically modern and I'm told by my mate that works there they won Best Pie in the catering awards , I questioned that that had to go to Wigan or someone but he stands by it !"

Funny how all these fans of other clubs who live in Brighton know many other fans who have seson tickets but are not Brighton fans. I must be hanging around in the wrong crowds everyone i know with a seson ticket is a Brighton fan, ok a few refused to go to Withdean but that does not make them plastic.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm hesitant to say I like Charlton but only because the last time I said the same (about Ipswich) they went and brought that ridiculous banner with them.

But I do like Charlton or Brighton Old Boys as they used to be called back in the Garry Nelson, Alan Curbishley, Steve Gatting and John Robinson days.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Well it's nice to have one club which isn't full of malicious bitter homophobic nobs. I do like charlton, unlike many other clubs who have spent time in the top divisions, their fans don't seem to share the arrogance of Leeds, Birmingham etc. They seem more concerned with supporting their team.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They gave us a welcome trophy think when we returned back to Withdean for the first game to welcome us back to Brighton.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
You can't help but like Charlton - given their trials and tribulations to come back to the Valley and achieve so much is at the very least respectable.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I like Charlton and their fans. It's always a good day out.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I speak to a few Charlton supporters and they're all really nice. They're looking forward to the game down here mainly and all agree we have a quality stadium and also quality support. Can't wait to play them.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who hates Palace nearly as much as us is alright with me.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I like Charlton. Always seem like decent fans, proper stadium not too far from us, and we always seem to do well when we play there!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think Palace do hate them back.

I like Charlton too. I think they went through the mill long before us and came out of the whole thing with dignity intact etc.

The few times I've been up there the banter has always been good.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Great. A seaweed/Chorlton love-in. Perfect.:rolleyes: :wanker:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here