Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton fans getting funny ideas about getting Poyet

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
This is on the BBC Sport website on the Parkinson Sacked page:

606: DEBATE
Hopefully a new manager will come in and have the Poyet effect, get us playing good passing football, but playing effective football as well
TheValleyCafe

The 'Poyet Effect'. That's just so cool.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Big news, Poyet has been backed into a mere 10/1!!!!!
oh and Dennis Wise is 1/5

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is "The Poyet Effect" in any way similar to "The Southampton Style"?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
comical really, why would a manager want to go there having seen how they treat their manager whose got them 5 in the leauge, after one defeat? i think we had a worse record through December than they did upto the Orient spanking.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I though Gus was off to Port Vale.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes told Bettingpro: “We had our book open for just 45 minutes and in that time we saw enough money for us to pull it down again. It was one way traffic for Wise and it bears all the hallmarks of a done deal.”

sammy g

I hate it whem these managers get the sack. Even though I'm pretty sure Gus wouldn't look twice at most of them, I always have a little bit of fear in the back of my mind that we'll lose him.

My thoughts exactly.My sense is he is loyal and wants to be a success down here before he moves on and success means promotion not just a good half a season ( and bit of last season). Also, not many chairman would give him the freedom to change the club so significantly as Bloom has. None the less I still get a shiver every time a club boots out a manager, which seems prolific at the moment.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I love the fact that fans from every other club in the league (barring perhaps Southampton, Notts County and Bournemouth) want our manager.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Whatever they're thinking.... that dude Steve BHA comes across as a right DICK on that thread.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
comical really, why would a manager want to go there having seen how they treat their manager whose got them 5 in the leauge, after one defeat? i think we had a worse record through December than they did upto the Orient spanking.

My one Charlton-supporting mate has been spitting blood about Parkinson for years, I think he had made a lot of enemies at the club and its supporters. So I wasn't at all surprised that he got the boot, incidentally after Charlton lost only 4-2 at home against a team I still reckon could get into the play-offs.

There is an incredibly narrow points-spread once you get to about 5th, any team under that could potentially still get relegated with a bad run of form.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looking at that thread on only confirms one thing for me .... all other football boards are exactly the same as NSC, some rubbish ... some sensible ... some time-wasters.

some rubbish ... some sensible ... ALL time-wasters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here