Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Away - Tickets On Sale Friday

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ou tutorial till 12.30 so a hell of a rush to get to Charlton for 3, so not this time

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
In what way? The facilities at Charlton are no better than Selhurst, and it's behind the goal.

Errrr.....we get a plastic seat at Charlton?:jester:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why on earth is the away end the top priced stand [MENTION=1792]fataddick[/MENTION]? It's this most run down of all your stands and it's behind the goal.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why on earth is the away end the top priced stand [MENTION=1792]fataddick[/MENTION]? It's this most run down of all your stands and it's behind the goal.

Because 3,400 x £5 = £17,000 which after VAT is £14,167 pure profit - hopefully we will put on an extra fiver as well when they come down to us

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

I like how - as a result of most of the long-term Albion fans having chosen WSU seats at Falmer - we're now sniffy about being behind the goal, even for away games. I'm sure this didn't used to be the case.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I'd like to see matchday prices based on the quality of the game. So for example, Club X prices its 10-out-of-10 rated home games at £40 for an adult ticket in a certain stand. People buy their tickets on credit/debit card for £40 in advance of the game. An independent expert at the game rates the game out of 10 for quality (in an objective way, ie not skewed towards whether the home or away fans in particular would have been entertained by it, but how a neutral would), if it's rated below 10 people are refunded £4 per point (£2 per half-point) that it's below. So, if for example it's rated 7/10, the ticket holder has £12 of what he paid refunded to his credit card. If it's rated 2/10 he gets back £30 so at least he "only paid a tenner for that shite". Season ticket seats would work on the same basis, but would be priced a little lower - £35 for a 10/10 game (£3.50 per point refund), say. ST holders could either pay for the whole season up front (getting money back throughout the season after each non-10/10 game), or in instalments of say 5-or-6 games, with the overall refund for that batch of games reducing the price of the next installment, etc. I think this idea is a work of genius, although no club will adopt it as it makes planning cashflow a total nightmare...

I like the idea of that as going on this seasons performances so far we would be win win......... 3/10 nice refund.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Tickets go on sale online after the Leeds game and in person from Monday 5th, we have been given full allocation as already mentioned, but still no offically confirmation on the price of the tickets or loyalty points.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
In what way? The facilities at Charlton are no better than Selhurst, and it's behind the goal.

I'd go as far to say they are worse. At least at Selhurst you can see the pitch. If you're in the back bit of the stand at Charlton you struggle to see the goal in front of you because it's too close to the stand and if you're right a back of said stand the roof hangs down and blocks the far goal.

I like the Valley as a ground but the away end has to be one of the worst in the football league.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So you judge the quality of the away end as to whether you can see the pitch?

Surely that is one of the main reasons to judge an away end! if i paid £30 but couldnt see the pitch, but it had nice toilets, I couldnt give a f***.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely that is one of the main reasons to judge an away end! if i paid £30 but couldnt see the pitch, but it had nice toilets, I couldnt give a f***.

Most away games it's sit where you want unless it's sold out, so you forego one pint and get there just a bit earlier. To be fair, Charlton stewards do make you sit/stand where your ticket says.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I like how - as a result of most of the long-term Albion fans having chosen WSU seats at Falmer - we're now sniffy about being behind the goal, even for away games. I'm sure this didn't used to be the case.
Not being sniffy, they're just usually the cheapest seats, as they are at the Amex.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'd go as far to say they are worse. At least at Selhurst you can see the pitch. If you're in the back bit of the stand at Charlton you struggle to see the goal in front of you because it's too close to the stand and if you're right a back of said stand the roof hangs down and blocks the far goal.

I like the Valley as a ground but the away end has to be one of the worst in the football league.
Are you sure?

charlton31974news1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here