Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton 7-0/ 7/1????

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Who remembers that game at the Goldstone?. I think Jimmy Case scored a hat trick. Season after the cup final if my memory serves me right.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Great day - took my cousin who was a Charlton fan

If I remember correct it was 7-0 and Jimmy Case scored four and substituted just after half time

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yes, remeber that,... we had to stand in the East as the North was closed,... roof replacement I think,.... the Charlton were not very pleased,... it got a little feisty in the narrow road round the back of the East after the game,..... great result though.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
It was my first every Albion game. It was absolutely bloomin brilliant!

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Yes,I was at that game and I think Charlton were unbeaten in the league up till then as well to make it more of a shock result.Thats the most I've ever seen Albion score in a league game.Went to the return game at the Valley later that season hoping for more of the same.....but we lost 2-0.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was there, it was surreal everytime we attacked we appeared to score.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Not sure why I was in the East then,......maybe I was trying to be hard and stand with the West Street Sergio Tacchini and deerstalker brigade who had taken to standing there....?!?!?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Was there not a game around that time where we lost 3-5 at home to them as well

That was Oct/Nov 1985. I remember it was pissing with rain and Charlton had Allan Simonson (sp?) former European Footballer of the Year playing for them. It was a cracking match - as the scoreline suggests - and we were a bit unlucky to have lost

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Was there not a game around that time where we lost 3-5 at home to them as well

Oct 19 '85

Matin Keown scored one of them, he also scored in the win at Phallus the game before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here