Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway testimonial match cancelled

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The board are to blame for the whole situation, if they had valid points on why poyet got suspended, you'd expect them to tell us them, they haven't said a word. Barber is more specifically to blame, ever since he's arrived more managerial talks involving gus has come through and of course now this. I think barber is controlling bloom, a bit another person from a few years back. Just a theory.

More nonsense.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Personally I'm not waiting to pass judgement on Bloom, I'm happy to pass it now. The man is our saviour, and I will be forever grateful.
Same here-I was humouring the funny farm residents.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
People say the darnedest things!

Something needs to be sorted out before any employees get testimonials.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It will be so dull when the truth is out and people can't speculate on what has been going on. Not that anyone is allowed to do that here

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Personally I'm not waiting to pass judgement on Bloom, I'm happy to pass it now. The man is our saviour, and I will be forever grateful.

He's a very rich man who supports Brighton. Not that I'm not grateful to him, but I'll save the saviour part for people like Knight and Perry and Samrah and so on who put in the hard yards when the chips were down.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He's a very rich man who supports Brighton. Not that I'm not grateful to him, but I'll save the saviour part for people like Knight and Perry and Samrah and so on who put in the hard yards when the chips were down.

Like the chips were not down when we had planning permission for a stadium but insufficient funding. Or when we were at Withdean and cheques needed writing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm just saying that writing a cheque is something all of us could have done (and would have done) if we had the money. Bloom is clearly a key part of where we are now.

He had to work bloody hard to get the money in the first place, he wasn't just handed it. He didn't have to write any cheques for the club at all, and I assume he's given a higher percentage of his income to the Albion than you have. All this 'we all would have done it' stuff is rubbish. Why didn't you do it? If you'd spent your life working your arse off to become a multi millionaire, would you then give a large percentage of it away to your football club? I know I wouldn't.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He had to work bloody hard to get the money in the first place, he wasn't just handed it. He didn't have to write any cheques for the club at all, and I assume he's given a higher percentage of his income to the Albion than you have. All this 'we all would have done it' stuff is rubbish. Why didn't you do it? If you'd spent your life working your arse off to become a multi millionaire, would you then give a large percentage of it away to your football club? I know I wouldn't.

This.

Some of the comments regarding Bloom are, frankly, staggering.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I for one will be gutted if - through this inquiry - Charlie doesn't get in testimonial.

But that all pales in insignificance compared the feeling of utter disgust I have at some posters on here and their comments about Tony Bloom. Some seem to have no idea how lucky we are to have a true fan as chairman and just what a state we would have been in had he not rescued the Falmer project and the club before then at Withdean.

Like it or not BHAFC is not a big club and a big business and matters such as these suspensions have to be seen to have been dealt with properly. I doubt we will ever know what really went on either.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We are simply the most fortunate of Clubs to have a chairman who is a fan of the Club, who has through his own efforts made his money, and who is willing to invest that cash into the club and the community. Every time I go to the Amex I thank Tony Bloom.

And finally - he is a bloke who will sit with the fans - he was along from me in the South Stand at the final game at Withdean, and travel with the fans.

We would be fools to get complacent about the contribution of Tony Bloom.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I for one will be gutted if - through this inquiry - Charlie doesn't get in testimonial.

But that all pales in insignificance compared the feeling of utter disgust I have at some posters on here and their comments about Tony Bloom. Some seem to have no idea how lucky we are to have a true fan as chairman and just what a state we would have been in had he not rescued the Falmer project and the club before then at Withdean.

Like it or not BHAFC is not a big club and a big business and matters such as these suspensions have to be seen to have been dealt with properly. I doubt we will ever know what really went on either.

Agreed on all counts. As for us not really ever finding out exactly what happened, quite bloody right too! Why should a business make the details of an internal HR enquiry public? To appease a few dullards on the Internet who think they should have a say in how the club is run? There's a way you can have a say in these decisions and how the club is run- go out and make yourself a couple of hundred million quid, buy the club and give Tony Bloom his money back. Can't do it? Shut the **** up then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I post this cautiously but having made a fortune and invested it in the club, for which we are all very grateful, doesn't mean that he is infallible. Dick Knight invested a large amount (for him) to save the club but was criticised for the mistakes that he made.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight

This . I was once suspended from my job, but although later I was proven totally innocent & reinstated, the company had no choice but to suspend me due to the seriousness of the matter in question. It took 3 weeks for the investigation to take place I wasn't allowed to talk my workmates or go near my workplace, like this forum there was wild speculation as to what I had done.
A lot of my so called workmates had a lot of back tracking to do, when it turned out to be another member of staff .
So I wish posters would just wait before making wild blaming posts about TB, Barber , Gus or Charlie.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

To a word. Also don't forget that Tony Bloom was bankrolling us long before we ever got anywhere near Falmer. It's so odd that he is coming in for criticism purely because he isn't giving interviews to the wonderful Argus or forever making statements on the club site over ongoing investigations into possible misconduct by employees. How this is hurting the old 'In the know boys'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here