Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway - Not good enough ?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Repugnant Toad said:

As for Oatway, he's good enough to do certain jobs, but we all know his weaknesses too well. Long-term he's not really a Championship player, but he's doing a fair job now.

Spot on.....good game today except the weight on passes at times...also thought El Abd had a good game

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
NMH said:
I wonder why Albert Jarrett doesn't get more games - he's skilled and takes on defenders, only lacks that finishing touch - or maybe the confidence to have a decent shot sometimes.

Also lacks any ability to defend and can be lost in a game proving a problem for the left back!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
JSD Albion said:
Is he good enough? No, not really. I don't suppose he'd get into any other side in this league. But his commitment to the cause is unquestionable, and he gets more out of his limited ability than he has any right to. Once Roy Keane decides that the best place to see out his dotage is at an athletics stadium on the south coast then Charlie may not get a regular game, but I hear from a club insider that there's a still a gap to be closed between his wage demand and our offer.

Your last sentence is complete bollocks!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
shaolinpunk said:
Yes, he was.

Obviously had his back to the pitch then.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
oatways has been good in recent weeks

olster

Dec 3, 2005
lets face it he has good days and bad days.he is just one of those players you just cant decide to play him or not.the thingis we have other options like chipy or harty or nicholas.to be honest i think we should play nicholas instead of oatway but thats just me.:nono: :shootself

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
KinkyGoebels said:
The news of the world make those marks up

Of course they 'make them up', you mong. Where the hell else would they come from?

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Oatway is such a good player to have in the side when the game gets going and a result is on, usually away from home.

As on Saturday, in the second half when Watford were attacking he was the one winning the ball, breaking down play and getting stuck in, which really helps to lift the crowd.

When we come up against class teams with quality midfielders, or a team who sits back and invites us to make the first move, then he looks out of place because he hasnt got the array of passing needed to break down a defence, that just isnt his game.

Please stop him taking freekicks though, as Carole showed on Sat, when one is taken properly, ie whipped into the box, we look so much more dangerous!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Beeneys gloves said:
Oatway is such a good player to have in the side when the game gets going and a result is on, usually away from home.

As on Saturday, in the second half when Watford were attacking he was the one winning the ball, breaking down play and getting stuck in, which really helps to lift the crowd.

When we come up against class teams with quality midfielders, or a team who sits back and invites us to make the first move, then he looks out of place because he hasnt got the array of passing needed to break down a defence, that just isnt his game.

Please stop him taking freekicks though, as Carole showed on Sat, when one is taken properly, ie whipped into the box, we look so much more dangerous!

:clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I still think in the long term Nicolas is a better bet in the centre but I have to say since his injury Oatway has looked a different player. I have never questioned his commitment to the club but thought there was no way he could handle it at this level, I'm glad I am currently being proved wrong.

And get off Jarrett's back, when called upon this season he has usually done well (especially in the Sheffield United game) and is one of the most skillful players at the club.

Les Biehn said:
IAnd get off Jarrett's back

I agree - the rescued point at Sheff Wed was down to his fine work as much as CKR's.

If Carole doesn't make it for Saturday, Jarrett is his natural replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here