Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway leaves 'by mutual consent'

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it fair to assume, given this is the same sort of goodbye taricco got and not the same one gus got, that he was cleared of whatever's he as accused of?

You'd hope so (cleared), but possibly the idea is we're meant to pretend the disciplinary never happened

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Good luck for the future, Charlie.

It's a pity that whatever happened happened. I still believe the club has handled all this rather badly.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Good luck for the future, Charlie.

It's a pity that whatever happened happened. I still believe the club has handled all this rather badly.

most certainly this
and then just this

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it fair to assume, given this is the same sort of goodbye taricco got and not the same one gus got, that he was cleared of whatever's he as accused of?

Gus hasn't gotten a goodbye yet because technically he hasn't gone yet.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm assuming that means after 14 years service, they have given him the dignity of saying mutual consent. Instead of sacking him like Poyet. Which is fair enough.

You'd hope so (cleared), but possibly the idea is we're meant to pretend the disciplinary never happened

This is the first post I've seen from you for years! Welcome back to NSC.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another step closer to this whole sorry mess being over and done with, we just need Gus's appeal to follow the due and correct course and we can close the book on this situation and move on.

You're being VERY over optimistic that the appeal will be the end of it !

Good luck Charlie.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'm assuming mutual consent means that the club has paid up the remainder of his contract and like Tanno his suspension was lifted.

To be honest, you have NO reason to assume that at all. That's not to say its definitely NOT the case. It might be. Or not...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You're being VERY over optimistic that the appeal will be the end of it !

Good luck Charlie.

I don't see how.

We have followed the correct legal process (as should be the case), the appeal is the end of that process. I can see no benefit whatsoever to any party dragging it on past that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gus hasn't gotten a goodbye yet because technically he hasn't gone yet.

He got a 'he's sacked effective immediately following an investigation' press release, not a 'we've fired him but he may or may not appeal, so we won't say goodbye yet' press release.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not a fan of the way the general tone has been throughout these ugly affairs and to see the club go from madly accusative to gentlemanishly grateful is a little bit of salt in the wound really. Trust is a tad dented, even if support for the team isn't.
I hope Charlie just just reward in his next outing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here