Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie oatway could be the answer

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
he could do the job!:albion2::albion2:

I've said this on another thread and I'll say it again. Why do people think players with no managerial experience can 'do a job'. Complete disaster if he took over, but it's not going to happen thankfully :wozza:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
This jobs for the boys thing does not work, by all means he may be manager one day after he's had a stint elsewhere and learnt the ropes but what we need right now is an experienced head in the Dave Bassett mould.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"Charlie Oatway could be the answer" to the question "I'm making a list of ex-players who we know could definitely not be the next BHA manager, is there anyone I've missed?"

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I`m in favour of a manager who has previously donned the blue + white stripes,they have an advantage of knowing the passion + diversity of our fan base.This is no ordinary 2-bob club,although I sometimes question the opinions of some so called fans.
That is why this job requires an experienced,ruthless manager.Oatway would have been ideal if he had valid experience.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Think Nicky Forster should be given the job until the end of the season. Get rid of White and Booker. Get Butters in to work with the defence. They can't do any worse than the uninspirational W & B.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Much as he's a genuinely lovely bloke who probably bleeds blue and white, if Charlie's the answer, I really hope the question isn't, "Who would make a good BHA manager?"

Hills

Feb 2, 2009
Much as he's a genuinely lovely bloke who probably bleeds blue and white, if Charlie's the answer, I really hope the question isn't, "Who would make a good BHA manager?"

Completely agree, Charlie Oatway is an Albion legend but not the answer to the Manager issue!

I do however like the idea of having a true Brighton man being involved. The Ady Boothroyd and Gary Stevens combo that was mentioned on another thread will do fine for me!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what proof is there that oatway/butters/rogers/watson/insert old player here would be any good?

we need somebody tried and tested with contacts to get us out - not some old player who people get all sentimental about just because he once played for us

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
what proof is there that oatway/butters/rogers/watson/insert old player here would be any good?

we need somebody tried and tested with contacts to get us out - not some old player who people get all sentimental about just because he once played for us

Spot on. We've gotta get them soon as well

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Completely agree, Charlie Oatway is an Albion legend but not the answer to the Manager issue!

I do however like the idea of having a true Brighton man being involved. The Ady Boothroyd and Gary Stevens combo that was mentioned on another thread will do fine for me!
Why do people keep suggesting Gary Stevens. Absolutely no experience in a managerial set-up.:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Hills

Feb 2, 2009
Why do people keep suggesting Gary Stevens. Absolutely no experience in a managerial set-up.:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Which is why I suggested him as a coach and Ady Boothroyd as manager!

Granted he doesn't have any experience, but his passion for the Albion coupled with Boothroyds experience could, in my opinion be the answer!

What would your suggestion be?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would be a disaster, IMHO...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here