Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway benefit match

Should Charlie Oatway have a benefit match?

• Yes

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 54.2%

• Total voters

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Obviously something that has spawned a debate so what does the great and the good of NSC think should he have a game?
And should it be sooner, ie before the end of October, rather than later?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I say no, yes he's been a great servant to the club ............but he's walked straight into another job with the club which I gather he will be paid for !
If I injured myself and I could no longer do my job I really don't think I'd get a golden handshake

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
No Harty. He has been treated well by the club. I think you are embarassing Charlie by this suggestion. He knows how well the club has treated him. As for arranging one in the next few weeks as you suggested I doubt very much if that could be done given teams commitments.

Sorry Harty.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
yes he should but not part way through the season. Pre season next year

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally my view is no and I am also not to sure why we should be voting on this as the club should decide.

Also, bar the phone in, this would probably not have been raised so therefore debatable how big the debate is on this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
No, but declare one home match Charlie Oatway day to show our appreciation.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No, but declare one home match Charlie Oatway day to show our appreciation.

In what way, collection buckets ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No.

Footballers are well paid compared to the average fan. Yes, it's a short career but they can re-train for other occupations.

As for Charlie, as others have said he has been re-employed by the club and therefore earning a wage.

Unless testimonial money goes to a charitable cause then I am totally against them.

D

Deleted User X18H

So Harty what about, Simon Rodger , Dean Blackwell, Ben Roberts, or even Paul Kitson

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's still got a job at the club!!! No - not only would organising it make it a shambles, but it makes finding opponents for Hart's testimonial harder to find. Let's face it, we're not made of contracts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here