Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

charlie austin

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought that but Warnock is quoted on the Swindon forum as saying heis struggling to get the cash out of his chairman until the end of the season when they know where they will be for next year

Warnock on TalkSport yesterday and spoke at length about not having funds to buy players now - his board want to wait until the end of the season and see where they are. Would be surprised if QPR buy him.

Ah ok, I hadn't heard the interview. It makes sense for Charlie Austin to wait until the summer to decide his future then. I never understand why some players are desperate to move clubs in january. Ok, he could come here and fire us to promotion (or do the same for QPR) and he's getting promoted with the team rather than joining it in the summer. But there is always a chance that we, or QPR, could blow it and end up not getting promoted, meaning he would have to go back to his old club next season and face the boo-boys. He won't want to risk that for us I don't think, it wouldn't bother Greer going back to the County Ground (he celebrated both our goals on the opening day!) but it would probably bother Austin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here