Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Austin

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Would love this to happen but doubt we could afford him. They would want over a million for him I would have thought.
You are right.

This is complete bollox.They turned a big bid from Millwall in the summer.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
It is not going to happen. We WONT pay 2-3 mil for a player who scored 20 goals last season. Yes it would be absolutely fantastic but i think most people need to be realistic. It'll be some championship outcast or loanee from the Premiershite. Also cannot see Swindon wanting to sell him to another League 1 rival?

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Remember reading the programme for our home game against MK Dons when we played them, and apparently Karl Robinson has priced Sam Baldock at £3-4m! For what...a striker who has only managed 5 in the league so far, and supposedly one of the best in the league...

As said previously, Austin would be an excellent signing for us, could only have been a one season wonder, but with 11 goals already this campaign, its easy to see he is more than capable of scoring at this level. However I just cannot see it happening unfortunately.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its pretty obvious will will spend large amounts soon and can see us spending a million at least in the near future.:D

He certainly isn't worth 2-3 million,no bloody way:glare:

Charlie Austin

Mar 13, 2010
He scored 20 goals last season, which is good but not astounding. He's got a few this year too. Hardly worth 2-3 million. I'd say just under a million is realistic.
20 goals since late November, which is excellent considering it was his first season in any decent standard of football.

Already on 11 for this season despite missing a month through injury.

He will go, but to a Championship or lower Premiership club, £2-3 million may sound a laughable amount, I agree, but we got £1.9 million for Simon Cox and many consider Austin to be a better player.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Its pretty obvious we will spend large amounts soon and can see us spending a million at least in the near future.:D

He certainly isn't worth 2-3 million,no bloody way:glare:

If we are going to spend a lot of money soon and if we really want to upset some fans, then the Palace board have announced today they will listen to offers for Danns and Speroni in January.:laugh::laugh:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Didn't Simon Cox go for £2 million the other year from Swindon to WBA? He scored more than Austin granted, but to score 20 goals in your debut season is a fantastic return for a 20 year old.

I guess it's exciting to hear completely unfounded sources about a quality player coming your way, but it's never going to happen is it?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
If we are going to spend a lot of money soon and if we really want to upset some fans, then the Palace board have announced today they will listen to offers for Danns and Speroni in January.:laugh::laugh:

Only if they don't sign their new contracts, which I suspect Speroni wont and Danns will. Got no qualms with Speroni not signing, he deserves another crack at the Prem. How he's not in the Argentina squad is unbelievable.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Didn't Simon Cox go for £2 million the other year from Swindon to WBA? He scored more than Austin granted, but to score 20 goals in your debut season is a fantastic return for a 20 year old.

I guess it's exciting to hear completely unfounded sources about a quality player coming your way, but it's never going to happen is it?

Cox was sold for 1.2 million

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here