Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Austin

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Could be on his way to Millwall :laugh:

Swindon are all but f***ed if he goes. :lolol:

Millwall have lodged a bid for Swindon hot-shot Charlie Austin, skysports.com understands.

Highly-rated striker Austin is one of the most-sought after players in the country following his goalscoring exploits for Swindon last season.

The 21-year-old, signed from non-league Poole Town last October, notched 20 goals in just 32 starts last season, helping to fire the Robins to the play-off final.

Millwall have held a long-term interest in Austin after coming up against the striker last season in League One.

Kenny Jackett's side have now firmed up their interest in Austin with a bid for the forward as they look to test Swindon's resolve to keep hold of their star striker.

A number of other clubs are believed to be monitoring Austin's situation at the County Ground and they could move for the player following Millwall's offer for the striker.

Swindon are loath to lose Austin, who has scored two goals in five games this season, as they look to build a side capable of challenging for promotion, but they could face a fight to keep the striker in the wake of Millwall's bid.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Oh dear!!

Sometimes missing out going up via the playoffs can have a big effect the following season. You either are spured on or go backwoods, a bit like us back in the early nineties and Brizzie city recently.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Some of them clearly haven't learnt after the Greer transfer. Some are claiming "it's not going to happen as it would be a sideways move for Austin"

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

I've nothing at all against Swindon but couldn't help laughing at this line

"As you say if we could only tap into the Cotswolds and Savernake Forest hinterlands, we could become a real powerhouse of the game - move over geordies and scousers."

Yep - there are literally thousands of football fanatics living in the trees of Savernake Forest (wherever the hell that is).

bionic.jpg

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I'm quite enjoying Swindon's rather poor start to the season after all the 'Billy big Bollocks' they were giving before the season started and in relation to Greer coming to the Albion. I'd be very amused if they lose Austin and had another chuckle at Prutton getting sent off too yesterday :lolol:

All the boasts that they had money to throw around and a rich chairman etc blah blah blah have proved a load of crap since they are clearly a selling club and are not attracting any better players than anyone else in this division. I love the constant referral by their fans of any player linked to any other club of it being a 'sideways move'! No its not you bunch of deluded fools, I can't ever imagine ANY player having any real ambition or lifelong desire to play for Swindon, its a bit like looking forward to leaving school and getting your first job in a call centre, its a job and you can't be too choosy but it won't be forever and you'll move on to something better in the long term but in the meantime you'll do the bare minimum to get by and skive off at every opportunity whilst trying to get in the receptionists knickers.

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Maybe it's time to resurrect that thread from a couple years ago after they'd beaten us at Withdean. We could point them to the current table.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
That is better, a sense of humour. :thumbsup:

Don't get so upset about Grammar and spelling.......

"it's only words
and words are all I have
to take your heart away"

Boyzone. 1996

Point taken, I was in a 'man mood' that day, too many wittering women in my office talking for the sake of talking without actually talking about anything in particular! Why can't they just enjoy the silences like us men and just grunt every now and then? Anyway I'm back in the real world now worrying about crime and other important stuff :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here