Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charles and Camilla

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Apparently the crowds were banging on the royals car door and shouting, ''Off with their heads''

Brilliant :lolol:

Last time we lopped off our king's head, it started a Civil War. And the last time an heir to a throne was assassinated, World War I was the result.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That Charles and Camilla are not paid out of your taxes but out of the Civil List, which was created in exchange for the monarch having given land and property to the state in return.

They're not on the Civil List because their income comes from the Duchy of Cornwall and pay taxes themselves.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Students sapping off the taxpayer ..... Camilla and Chuck
And the difference is...... ?

Wrong. Charles receives all his income from the Duchy of Cornwall; there may be some security costs but all public figures receive protection. And the Queen has taken a cut in the Civil List too, which is only used to pay for official engagements. In any case, too many more of these incidents and the Royals will be advised to closet themselves at Windsor, then there will be all the fuss about them not showing themselves. And these students were darn lucky they were in the UK and not in the US. Yes, Scotland Yard said the police were close to drawing their arms, but try and get anywhere near the POTUS and you are dead meat. And that applies to Obama just as much as it would have done to Bush.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Everyone's blaming students or police but it's the government to blame, they had it coming. What did they expect when they get voted in by a lot of students on the policy that they won't raise tuition fees?

So a trip to the theatre for Prince Charles and Camilla turned out to be a drama in itself.

I guess Prince Charles can thank our shiny Prime Minister who has managed in the space of seven months to convert a peaceful environment to one where people are taking to the streets with pretty unpleasant consequences. But hey ho, Nick Clegg and his honourable Lib Dem cohorts still take the flak as political cover. However, there is clearly some rebellion in the Lib Dem ranks which is likely to ramp up.

Bottom line is we don’t really have a coalition. We have a Tory government with a clear right wing Tory agenda to downsize the state and ultimately cut taxes for the wealthy. The Lib Dems have no clout. Thatcher revisited.

I can't imagine anyone could not have suspected that would be the case from the start. The tories were never going to jump right in and 'embarrass' their liberal chums, the party that will always be the cute-but-unelectable choice in the house.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think were entering the realm of cheap fiction here. Have you seen the students who were around the car. They couldnt have disarmed the queen mother even after her death, never mind an trained and armed police officer.

Those that were there couldnt have but they could easily have had a trained terrorist slipped into the crowd and joined in their ranks and then get through without recognition.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
They've had their minds made up (not by themselves) and they're sticking to it. :lolol:

That's a laugh - just because someone doesn't agree with you means they don't think for themselves. Idiot. Maybe some of us have been around long enough to realise some of these demonstrating scroats don't deserve an education and we don't want to be paying for it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No they couldn't. The death penalty has been completely abolished in Britain, it doesn't exist for any crimes at all.

That's just not right. Off with their heads I say.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
two people out in their shiny big car with students running about pretending to be working class hero's
I mean who the f*** organised that
it was either set up or somebody is very stupid

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Apparently there will be a full scale criminal investigation and inquest. What annoys me is that , yes there was criminal damage but if this was a member of public in the car and the window was smashed the police would probably not even follow it up, and even if the culprit was caught would probably only be a short suspended sentence.
Now probably hundreds of thousands of pounds and many hours will be spent tracing down a few yobbish teenagers just to make an example of them. And why are the police doing this ? because they mucked up.
To be fair I have every sympathy with students protesting, I do not condone the violence/damage but can understand their frustration.
In my opinion Clegg is a gutless joke who is turning the 'liberals' into a right wing party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here