Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chapman only got the job as his dads on the board

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Brovian said:
Tend to agree. I think the same people who are cheering his appointment are the same ones who wanted Stewart Pearce as England manager. Great player, legend, etc etc etc but patently not up to the job. Hopefully Chapman will be better, but it's a bit worrying that he hasn't risen any higher than Whitehawk.
How dare you! Stuart Pierce is a brainless "tough guy" clogger who was being touted around for the England job merely because he once contorted his ugly face after scoring some penalties. There's much more to Chappers than that. He'll do great.

And please, how about giving the bloke a chance, he asks in vain as the perma-moaners (not you Brovian) troop out again?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
All you haters need to shut the f*** up yo! I have foreseen this and you better get to recognising. Word.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
All you haters need to shut the f*** up yo! I have foreseen this and you better get to recognising. Word.

Amen to that Bro. Peace Out.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
How dare you! Stuart Pierce is a brainless "tough guy" clogger who was being touted around for the England job merely because he once contorted his ugly face after scoring some penalties. There's much more to Chappers than that. He'll do great.

And please, how about giving the bloke a chance, he asks in vain as the perma-moaners (not you Brovian) troop out again?

Interesting that you would appear to want it both ways MoH. As of today Chappers would appear to offer a huge heart with bags of passion and determination to do well but little technical insight and absolutely no coaching qualifications.

I seem to recall you berating people on this board for their focus on these 'heart' attributes when set against the 'head' ones, yet you see this as an unquestionably sound appointment.

For what it's worth, I loved Chapman as a player ( how could you not ! ) and genuinely wish him well. However, one can't help feeling that finance has again dictated this appointment. His continuing of the Whitehawk role does not look good either.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sid James said:
Interesting that you would appear to want it both ways MoH. As of today Chappers would appear to offer a huge heart with bags of passion and determination to do well but little technical insight and absolutely no coaching qualifications.

I seem to recall you berating people on this board for their focus on these 'heart' attributes when set against the 'head' ones, yet you see this as an unquestionably sound appointment.

For what it's worth, I loved Chapman as a player ( how could you not ! ) and genuinely wish him well. However, one can't help feeling that finance has again dictated this appointment. His continuing of the Whitehawk role does not look good either.
But that's my point: I think that, entirely understandably, you're judging him just as the strong, tough-tackling 110% player that was so great, so maybe it seems that all he could bring to the party would be buckets of blood "you 'eard what the gaffer said now get out there and do it!"-type halftime talks.

All I'm trying to say is that I suspect that there's a great deal more to the man than that. And the fact that we can't afford coaches from Real Madrid or Bayern rather than a bloke who already lives locally shouldn't really come as a shock any more.

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
But that's my point: I think that, entirely understandably, you're judging him just as the strong, tough-tackling 110% player that was so great, so maybe it seems that all he could bring to the party would be buckets of blood "you 'eard what the gaffer said now get out there and do it!"-type halftime talks.

All I'm trying to say is that I suspect that there's a great deal more to the man than that. And the fact that we can't afford coaches from Real Madrid or Bayern rather than a bloke who already lives locally shouldn't really come as a shock any more.

I would think that if he was even going to BE THERE at halftime but he won't, he'll be managing Whitehawk !

If there was more to him then why does the Argus say that he doesn't come 'armed with a bundle full of FA-approved coaching qualifications' ? Surely after 8 years of non-playing that would be a good idea.

Anyway I sense a negative focus in this post from me and I really don't want to come over that way. I think he's a great bloke who will do all he can for the club. As you say it is just another indication our precarious financial situation. :down:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure it's healthy for the club to be appointing 100% from within and employing ex-Albion staff. I have no problem with any of the appointments I hasten to add but I find it a bit worrying that apart from not being able to attract players better than we already have, we perhaps can't attract up and coming qualified backroom staff either.

It's all very insular.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Heavens above, you miserable lot: where's the DOWNSIDE in this appointment? :nono:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Heavens above, you miserable lot: where's the DOWNSIDE in this appointment? :nono:

That he possibly won't be at most matches looks like a downside to me.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Icy Gull said:
That he possibly won't be at most matches looks like a downside to me.
Eh? "Possibly", i.e. "I don't know for sure" - listen, keep sticking the knife in if it makes you feel better, for some reason. How this can be worse than NOT having him (for crying out loud) is quite beyond me. But I'm sure some people will think of something. Unbelievable. :shootself

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Eh? "Possibly", i.e. "I don't know for sure" - listen, keep sticking the knife in if it makes you feel better, for some reason. How this can be worse than NOT having him (for crying out loud) is quite beyond me. But I'm sure some people will think of something. Unbelievable. :shootself

"If he needs me to watch a team or scouting for players that's fine. If on a Saturday morning he wants me to go along with the youth team to help Vic (Bragg) out or to take training for the players that haven't travelled that's no problem"

Maybe I should have said probably rather than possibly?

As for being worse than not having him, how about we appoint someone who WILL be there on a Saturday afternoon?

You're taking this far too personally how can not being over the moon be "sticking the knife in". I have not said at any point that we should not appoint him and I really hope it works, all I have done is post that I have reservations.

:rolleyes:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Positive news in my book. As I said once BB and MM had gone, I was keen to see another coach brought in ASAP, more so than any players.

Didn't Chappers used to coach one of the youth teams (U-10's?)at the Albion or am I completely wrong?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
Bleeds Blue & White. Thats enough for me.

Sorry, but that's a stupid statement. Are you suggesting that any true Albion supporter would be qualified to coach?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:flameboun Deserves a bounce. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here