Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chaos in pakistan

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Absolutley disgusting scenes, lets hope Samaraweera makes a full recovery. The 5 policemen were brave to go after the terrorists, but sadly they lost their lives.

What has the world come to, and a sad day for the people of Pakistan who worship their cricket, but may now be tarnished with this mindless act.

The match officials bus was attacked too, the driver shot dead, the 4th official shot in the back, but the 2 umpires got away unscathed :nono:

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Terrible scenes. I agree it will be a long time before top class cricket is played there again.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I cannot see any nation whatsoever wanting to tour Pakistan, which is very sad, a great cricketing nation now look almost certain to be cast aside for any 'home' fixtures.

Hope those Sri Lankan players all return to full health.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What has the world come to, and a sad day for the people of Pakistan who worship their cricket, but may now be tarnished with this mindless act.

on the other hand, it might be the terrorists undoing, no support or active hostility from the common man.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What next...! its beyond comprehension, another Sad day for Pakistan.
Religion (of any kind) does not require this of you....This is not Jihad...again its just plain out and out murder......Sympathy to the wounded and dead from a sporting fan.

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
Its just been on the BBC news, The cricket players were taking pics of themselves next to the Helicopter before it rescued them !!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How crushingly depressing. How desperately sad. Let's pray the injured players pull through.

Pull through? None of there injuries are life threatening.The players only recieved very minor wounds.Still it's awful news.It's the familes of the five policemen and coach driver who should be given more thought.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sounds similar to that film, was it clear and present danger. Sounds like their bus was stopped and surrounded. Rocket launchers and granades were found. I could have easily ended with the whole Sri Lankan team dead.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This is a terrible story, personally, politically and in sporting terms. RIP to the dead, I hope the wounded make a full recovery.

on the other hand, it might be the terrorists undoing, no support or active hostility from the common man.

I hope this is right. Certainly the Omagh bomb had the same effect on the IRA - they lost their support from the 'common man' and hence a lot of their funding streams. However, this is dependant on which terror group was involved, some groups can gain support from the 'us against the world' mentality.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I see that the match Referee was Chris Broad, he was in the bus that had its driver shot dead.

The Sri Lanka assistant coach is Paul Farbrace a former Kent player.

A very sad day. What do these extremists hope to achieve by doing this? As strings said above the IRA lost public support over Omagh and that was the begining of the end for them as they went from being seen as fighting for the people to just being terrorists that nobody wanted to be associated with.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
It's a scary world we live in people. We dont want this type of shit in our country. If you ever see someone with a gun its a scary experience. I remember being in Naples, Italy, I was only about 10 years old. Two guys on a scooter did a bag snatch off some bloke, the bloke immediately pulled a hand gun out and started firing. The scooter came out in front of our car, whilst the guy was still firing. It shit me up big time. What would have happend if a bullet caught us?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
This is a sad day for cricket
Pakistan is a great cricketing country its just a shame that some groups there dont feel the same way
I think we are seeing the end of pakistani cricket i just dont see a way back from here as much as i dont want to see pakistan eliminated from the cricketing world it cannot go on any longer because next time people could be killed
Lets hope the policemen/women who gave there lives to protect them are honoured

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This is a sad day for cricket
Pakistan is a great cricketing country its just a shame that some groups there dont feel the same way
I think we are seeing the end of pakistani cricket i just dont see a way back from here as much as i dont want to see eliminated pakistan from the cricketing world it cannot go on any longer because next time people could be killed
Lets hope the policemen/women who gave there lives to protect them are honoured
Not just for cricket but for there country as well.Pakistan is falling apart and there government is giving more areas to terrorists which is a big worry.Sky news claim that the Taliban control 1/5 of Pakistan and it's increasing.They have just recently backed down to the taliban and given them Swat Valley.What next? Karachi is uner serious threat also.This is also a country that has wmd.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Terrible. I've been to that ground in Lahore to watch England play there; it isn't some slummy nightmare, it's a gorgeous, elegant city and Pakistan's cricket fans are quality too. And to risk stating the obvious, the locals seemed to dread the impact from any nutters as much as anyone.

Is this likely to impact on the Indian Premier League stuff?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Terrible. I've been to that ground in Lahore to watch England play there; it isn't some slummy nightmare, it's a gorgeous, elegant city and Pakistan's cricket fans are quality too. And to risk stating the obvious, the locals seemed to dread the impact from any nutters as much as anyone.

Is this likely to impact on the Indian Premier League stuff?

I Wouldnt of thought so harv
I Think the indian premier was aware of the fact there are issues in pakistan but it may do in some way or another because some of the sri lankan players were due to play in the IPL But i dont think it should impact the entire event ,i think the cricketing world cant let it effect it because if they do these cowards will know they have effected something in a worse way than its already effected and it will most likely encourage them to do it again
The thing that worries me slightly is the fact that the risk of going to pakistan is known to the ICC And the pakistani cricketing association teams should never of been allowed to play there in the first place you look at england,Aussies,india they all refused to go there due to security concerns and how right were they i mean this could of been any team even england the cowards dont care who they hurt or what familys they destroy i hope the cowards are given the death penalty and killed in the most excruciating way you could imagine its disgusting human beings can do this to other people but as i said the authorities knew of the risks and this could in my mind of been prevented

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here