Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 4 'drop' athletics presenter

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Ortis, the gadget show bloke seems bit out of his depth hosting this.
As I said before 100m final he was way out of his comfort zone by being live. Not sure about his replacement either, former T4 presenter Rick Edwards :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=3]Trigger[/MENTION] etc may remember him - presented the lecturnfactor quiz one night! If i remember you lot got him to hand me the mic and sing take that cos i look(ed) like Gary Barlow lol

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
" a glorious sunny day....here.....in the...studio"

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
love the bit at the end

"We've had some great weather here... in... the studio... We've seen some action here...Jessica Ennis...good night"

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Feel for the guy, that was really bad. Fault must be with the production team who put him in that role, and then the inability for them to get his confidence up and make things a bit easier for him.

He looked really stressed, Alan Partridge cringeworthy.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Feel for the guy, that was really bad. Fault must be with the production team who put him in that role, and then the inability for them to get his confidence up and make things a bit easier for him.

He looked really stressed, Alan Partridge cringeworthy.

The production team are all experienced sports coverage people. On screen presenters are usually impose by the TV company and in this case Channel 4 say they have a remit to give new young talent the chance. Rather than someone who can actually do the job.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
QUOTE=trueblue;4350981]The production team are all experienced sports coverage people. On screen presenters are usually impose by the TV company and in this case Channel 4 say they have a remit to give new young talent the chance. Rather than someone who can actually do the job.[/QUOTE]

They should have at the least pulled him out of there, perhaps Roland Rat may get the channel 4 nod next time

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Horrendously out of his depth and being left to drown in a heady mire of inexperience and lack of preparation.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Gotta feel for the bloke. Clearly not THAT clued up on the sport.

Rick Edwards jas actually been quite good. I don't think it matters that he came from T4. Everyone starts somewhere.

It really shows just HOW GOOD the BBC are at their sports/olympics coverage.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The production team are all experienced sports coverage people. On screen presenters are usually impose by the TV company and in this case Channel 4 say they have a remit to give new young talent the chance. Rather than someone who can actually do the job.

While this is true it was clear he wasn't getting much support from the production team. If they had an auto cue it wasn't working and the producer wasn't making things easier for him either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here