Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Changes to the Amex

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It felt perfectly comfortable when I sat in it. I thought we were watching the pennies these days.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Did they say if there are any plans to paint the other concourse???

They are going to repaint the other concourse before every home match in the colours of the away team. In a cost saving drive we have put in a request to the Football league to group our home matches in the future according to the kit colour of the opposition.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I wish they'd paint all the grey concrete either blue or white

I asked the tour guide if the club had plans to do any painting, suggesting the tunnel as a good starting place. He said he would pass it on as it sounded like a good idea. Seems pretty obvious really.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Perhaps the Club and Gus have agreed an out court settlement with the chairs being the clincher.

It's true, Gus is taking the seats with him, he'll have them recovered and installed in the dug-out of wherever he ends up next.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Was at the Amex over the weekend for a mates wedding and the new blue astroturf looks good. Certainly makes much more sense than all the players slipping on the old concrete edge. When you think about how much players are worth / paid, that was just stupid.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Anyone heard rumours of a hotel planned for the site?

I was very dismissive last week when I was told this was on the cards. But the person who told me it was "definitely" happening is closely linked to Buckingham.

I know there's no planning application and that the idea of a hotel or other secondary development on the site has always been seen as a non-starter. But it's curious that my source seemed so adamant.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I was very dismissive last week when I was told this was on the cards. But the person who told me it was "definitely" happening is closely linked to Buckingham.

I know there's no planning application and that the idea of a hotel or other secondary development on the site has always been seen as a non-starter. But it's curious that my source seemed so adamant.

On the Bennetts Field car park?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My favourite comedy moment was last season when Jordan Rhodes fell over on blue Tarmac and broke his nose. Classic...

I thought he'd broken it a week or so previously, and re-broke/hurt it further when falling over.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I asked the tour guide if the club had plans to do any painting, suggesting the tunnel as a good starting place. He said he would pass it on as it sounded like a good idea. Seems pretty obvious really.

Is there any truth in the rumour that the away changing room has been painted brown?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

The club had planning permission for a bund building in the mound previously. It was going to be city college campus space and that where the supporters bar was going to be in.

Also bennets field is privately owned and the club lease it (i think they have one or two seasons left of that). The owner of that site may have plans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here