Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change the line up?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So, after two games the debates are starting Several threads are calling for Dicker, some others questioning our best forward/forward pairing, etc.

Yet, when we lose and struggle to do much (i.e. shoot, control the game), the oft recited explanation is "the team need time to gel".

If we want this team to gel, shouldn't we stick with them? People complained last season aboout MA changing the team every game, working his way through 43 players over the season. When Slade had a good run at the tail end of the season we pointed to his consistent line up.

How long should we give the team before deciding it's not working because of the personnel instead of them simply not having gelled yet? How much changing can we do without increasing the 'settling in period' for the new players?

sashnash

Seagull in East London
Feb 26, 2009
Well I think the defense is pretty much settled and will remain the same for the next few games.... Biggest questions are still which two to play in central midfield and which to to play upfront, on the wings it's pretty safe to say Cox and M Wright will play...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Russell Slade is going to get us sorted, and quick. So, whatever he decides to do is fine by me.

But, personally, I would rathe we started playing 4-4-2 with Dicker in the middle and Wright on the right, Cox on the left. Murray and Dickinson up front. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here