Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Champix' Quit Smoking Tablets

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Just been offered these by the doctor. I will have to get downgraded from work for 6 months as i cant handle live firearms whilst taking them, but for my health and fitness i am desperate to quit smoking having been a smoker for 17 years.

I have always considered myself very fit (considering smoking 20 a day) and healthy, but in the last 6 months i have put on 11kgs of weight and my blood pressure has started rising, something i have never had a problem with before. This has led me to want to try the tablets as a last resort.

I know we've got a thread already on quitting smoking, but i just wanted to get feedback from people who have specifically used the tablets to help with my decision wether to go onto them or not. seeing as we can have 754 threads on Michael Owen, i was hoping nobody would object another smoking relating thread.

Thanks!!!

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I used champix nearly 3 years ago now and have not smoked since. Before i gave up i smoked 25-30 cigarettes a day for 25 years. I found using these really easy and you start taking the tablets a week before you stop smoking. The only side effect i had was incredibly vivid dreams but that was about it. I also had to go to a non smoking clinic once a week.

I would recommend these to anyone that really wants to give up as they were the only thing that worked for me.

Good luck and keep strong.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Hi there, I used Champix for two months felt sick as a dog but in the end gave up smoking three years ago after the second time of trying! Was on 20 a day and smoking like a trooper. I think you need something else to spur you on for me my dad was in the cancer ward at St Thomas in London and that really put me off smoking. If you think the time is right they will help you. If you fail try again, my Dr was great. Never looked back and recently gave up drinking as well as over compensated with that, now i'm eating like mad, suppose I have an addictive personality! Good Luck.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Another one that used the Champix here. You know it makes SENSE.

Will have been tobacco free for 1 year on the 20th August.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tried them and felt really ill a short time after taking them , i stuck at it for 3 weeks but the sickness feeling stayed , needless to say i would not reccomend them but as others have already said they worked for them so no harm trying .

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
17 months smoke free...was smoking 15 cafe creme cigars a day and inhaling them all the way. 2-3 weeks of tablets which produced vivid dreams and the feeling of nausea after about the first 10 days. Made the taste of tobacco awful. Good luck, it certainly works.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Im on Champix now, 21 days in with no fags. Best thing I ever did !

No side effects at all for me but I do know they cause nausea to some. What harm can it do to give them ago ?

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
After smoking for 20 odd years, Champix worked for me. Felt sick for a couple of days, but other than that, no side affects.

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!!!

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
I am a champix champ, I smoked for 10 years from 13-23 quite heavily and took it. the dreams are mental and i did get the sickness in the morning half hour after taking them. a bit of milk or toast helped though!
3 years nearly quit!

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Smoked 30 aday for past 45 years,tried several different ways to stop before my Dr gave me Champix, not smoked now for over a year and in fact hate smell of cigarettes, must admit felt lousey while taking them but gave up in 5 weeks

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
hope it works,personally i think its only willpower that will work..i smoked from the age of 15 till about 40..30 roll ups a day plus puff in big quantities at weekends,decided to give up took a while,but i had patches and used gum as well..i probbly overdosed on nicotine,but it worked for me...just drink like a fish now...hic

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Didn't do anything for me but the other tablets ,can't remember the name, definitely worked but made me go very strange so the doctor took me off themudry quickly

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I tried them but had to come off them. They were working at the time but like others they made me feel like a bucket of shit but worse than that they turned me in to a total snarling basterd. The Mrs said I was pretty horrendous so for that reason I binned them.

Now on patches

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here