Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Coppell

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • McGhee

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

London Irish said:
Buts, ifs, should haves, might haves.........all bollix.

We went down - end of story. That's all that counts. Coppell's one season with us, one failure.

Contrast that with McGhee, 3 seasons, two seasons of success, one of failure.

McGhee has achieved far more for this club.

If you're going to count 2003-04 as one of McGhee's seasons then you should really count it as one of Coppell's. In which case, with Coppell leaving us in first position, you'd have to say it was a success, with McGhee just about dragging us up though the play-offs a comparative failure.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Silent Bob said:
Not if, but, or might have. WOULD have.

What has McGhee achieved exactly? At the end of the season we will be back in the same division we were when he took over.

Exactly.
For some fans thats progress. I would have said finishing 5th from bottom this year is progress.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McGhee owns London Irish.

LI whats it like to be MCGhee's bitch ???

If McGhee came up and head butted you and knocked your teeth out you would still say " McGhee had every reason to do that and I still love him " :)

Silent Bob said:
Not if, but, or might have. WOULD have.

What has McGhee achieved exactly? At the end of the season we will be back in the same division we were when he took over.

I see, that's the criteria, is it? - and what league were we in when Coppell arrived and what league were we in when he f***ed off?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
I see, that's the criteria, is it? - and what league were we in when Coppell arrived and what league were we in when he f***ed off?

Safeway said:
If you're going to count 2003-04 as one of McGhee's seasons then you should really count it as one of Coppell's. In which case, with Coppell leaving us in first position, you'd have to say it was a success, with McGhee just about dragging us up though the play-offs a comparative failure.

Yeah OK :lolol: What a failure that 30,000 at Cardiff was, the disappointment lives with me to this day :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Silent Bob said:
What has McGhee achieved exactly?
Glad you asked - two magnificent achievements:

One - getting us promoted at the first time of asking (ask Brentford fans if Coppell did that for them)

Two - becoming the first Albion manager since 1991 to successfully keep us in the second tier.

Mark McGhee - superb manager :clap: :clap: :clap:

Uncle Spielberg said:
McGhee owns London Irish.

LI whats it like to be MCGhee's bitch ???

If McGhee came up and head butted you and knocked your teeth out you would still say " McGhee had every reason to do that and I still love him " :)

Ah, Gareth, lost interest in championing the claims of Coppell over McGhee? :D Not surprising really.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Glad you asked - two magnificent achievements:

One - getting us promoted at the first time of asking (ask Brentford fans if Coppell did that for them)

Two - becoming the first Albion manager since 1991 to successfully keep us in the second tier.

Mark McGhee - superb manager :clap: :clap: :clap:
Three - Lowest ever points and goals tally.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Failing to realise of course that when Magoo took over he was in a good position and if the season started the day he took over we wouldn't have made the play offs if you added all 24 teams points up from that day...

Naturally you're right though brown nose.

Trigger said:
when Magoo took over he was in a good position and if the season started the day he took over we wouldn't have made the play offs if you added all 24 teams points up from that day...

Hmm.... I don't think that's true.

But you're meant to be a gambling man, Trigger? Tenner says you are wrong, are you going to put your money where your mouth is?

Or just carry on with the childish name-calling? :)

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
London Irish said:
Buts, ifs, should haves, might haves.........all bollix.

Contrast that with McGhee, 3 seasons, two seasons of success, one of failure.

McGhee has achieved far more for this club.

Yiour are a jester

Using your logic you forget we were top when Coppell left McGhee got us up but our position was worse than when coppell left.

Mcghee has lost the plot, he has the man mangement skills of an angry cobra and you must be his son because both of you shout down any arguements when you are on a losing streak

Stinky Kat said:
Yiour are a jester

Using your logic you forget we were top when Coppell left McGhee got us up but our position was worse than when coppell left.

Mcghee has lost the plot, he has the man mangement skills of an angry cobra and you must be his son because both of you shout down any arguements when you are on a losing streak

Not shouting at all, just using logic and reason. I didn't forget that we were top when Coppell left, nor have I forgotten that we certainly weren't top when McGhee arrived.

It's you who are being shrill with strange references to cobras I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here