Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Playoff Dates Announced

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why not 3pm ?

They get bigger audiences for later kick-offs. Probably deliberate as well to dovetail with the Champions League Final.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
It just had to be didn't it, one of our best shots at reaching the promise land for years and I'm at a f*****g wedding. Better get automatic now :lol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So in all likelihood, away on 13/14, home on the 16/17.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
You can bet your bollocks the first leg games will be scheduled by Sky (not the FL, of course) for maximum inconvenience.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It just had to be didn't it, one of our best shots at reaching the promise land for years and I'm at a f*****g wedding. Better get automatic now :lol:

You mean that funny part of the wedding between say 5 - 7 when nothing really happens, be rude for you not to pop back to your hotel and watch the PO Final, mind you don't understand why you'd want to watch Boro v Derby when we're already in the Premier League, but each to his or her own

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You can bet your bollocks the first leg games will be scheduled by Sky (not the FL, of course) for maximum inconvenience.

I may be selling tickets to see the Manic Street Preachers supported by Editors at the Liverpool Arena if we end up playing on the 13th..........................OR will try and avoid the score and watch it 'live' when I get home, which is what I did when we played Swindon in the second leg of the League 1 playoffs.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I think the only way a wedding would stop me would be if it was my own (and I'm not doing that again!)
Sky sports on a sneaky phone then?

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012

Me too! I'm trying to work out a way to watch it. Looks like it'll be on my phone though, not what I had planned.

Last edited:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think the only way a wedding would stop me would be if it was my own (and I'm not doing that again!)
Sky sports on a sneaky phone then?

It's the next best/worst thing, it's my brother's and I'm the best man :lol:

I'll probably be too bitter to stomach keeping up with the match!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
You mean that funny part of the wedding between say 5 - 7 when nothing really happens, be rude for you not to pop back to your hotel and watch the PO Final, mind you don't understand why you'd want to watch Boro v Derby when we're already in the Premier League, but each to his or her own

The wedding is in Surrey and I believe is an early KO...quick dash up the M25 perhaps?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be fair, the date for the final was announced last July.
Bad planning on my part I guess, but it's the only school holiday that I can take the family away. On the plus side, there should be television or internet available in Germany.

Anyway there is a lot that has to happen before it's an issue.

:)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
They get bigger audiences for later kick-offs. Probably deliberate as well to dovetail with the Champions League Final.

They will hope for no extra time and penalties and one will follow the other and they will monopolise the box. I hope for a BHA v Ipswich final and Kiev v Wolfberg final so their RB coverage is not watched by anyone apart from those that give a shit.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
They will hope for no extra time and penalties and one will follow the other and they will monopolise the box. I hope for a BHA v Ipswich final and Kiev v Wolfberg final so their RB coverage is not watched by anyone apart from those that give a shit.

The games are on different channels (Sky and BT) so I doubt there is any collusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here