Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship manager

Gyuribá

May 25, 2004
Tatabanya, Hungary
John Boy said:
Is there a new championship manager out this year?

CM goes 2 separate way in this year

Football Manager 2005 - this has the original database and the game deveelopers SI with SEGA

CM5 - new game with Eidos and Beautiful Game Studios

im looking forward to either game

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
FM2005 is the CM we all love and know, but rebranded because Sports Interactive (the makers) split with Eidos (the producers) who kept the name. So FM2005 will be great & the one I get, whilst I feel CM5 will not really be all that, though due to the name will still sell zillions:(

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
if CM5 is out first i will get that until FM2005s out

:)

Oct 25, 2003
so cm5 will basically be a whole new game- but with the same name

and fm2005 will be the same game with a whole new name

it'll be fm for me

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
FM will be the daddy but I'm gonna try them both out anyway, just because CM5 is almost completley new does'nt mean its automatically gonna be shit...it might be better than FM so I suggest everyone tries them both :)

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I guess you'll all have it before me though as it normally takes another couple of months to come out for Macs... :(

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Did'nt know raincoats had computer power these days :jester:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ah, Champioship Manager, excellent, I've been meaning to ask this question for ages ....

Recently upgraded my home PC, so I now run on Windows XP, but CM3 (an old favourite of mine) doesn't run on it. Is this simply the case on XP or do I just need to change a setting, or load something else up?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
You can get practically anything Dos/Windows based to run on XP.

You may need to download VDMS (I do for CM1 and SWOS) or use the compatability modes.

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
D'Angelo Saxon said:
I guess you'll all have it before me though as it normally takes another couple of months to come out for Macs... :(

I don't know about the new CM, but SI's latest release (NHL Eastside Hockey Manager) was brought out on a dual format PC/Mac CD, so working on that logic (same developer, same producer) FM2005 will be too. Also the Mac version of CM03/04 was only about 3 weeks later than the PC version.

Shall we start an official NSC Mac clan? :cool:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here