Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Last Day

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sad for Brentford. They’ve played some amazing stuff. Hope they can seal the deal in the playoffs but we know how hard that can be when you’ve come so close.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No offence but West Brom add nothing to the Premier League, hoping Brentford join them, the other 3 add nothing, Swansea / Cardiff final would be juicy tho

West Brom add nothing... And what exactly have we added to the Premier League in our 3 year tenure?! ???:lolol: bit rich to say the least

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
That has to be gutting for Forest.

The disallowed goal v QPR when the wind caused the ball to slightly move as it was being kicked from a corner has turned out to be a playoff killer.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just watched the highlights show on Quest. What a truly astonishing night's football.

Almost wish we were back there... :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do we? For large parts of the last two seasons we have stunk the league out.

While that’s true of more or less all Hughton’s away games and all of the second half of last season it’s certainly not true of Potter’s Albion.

However, the relevant point to the thread is that whether it’s Bielsa’s Leeds, Billic’s WBA or Brentford if they get there, these teams will soon find out, as Norwich did, that you can’t play nice football and survive your first season in the PL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s a bear pit in that division isn’t it? Love it (unlike our own NSC bear pit :lolol:)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I dunno why we always poop our pants at who's coming up. Some people were bricking it about Narch and Villa a year ago, whilst writing off Sheff U. Look how that turned out.

I'll say now that WBA looks bang average, Leeds need major investment and will likely lose their lynchpin CB. And anyone else out of Fulham, the taffs and Brentford - well, bring it on.

It’s something that has been said every season. “Ooh promotion will be difficult with three good teams being relegated”. “Safety will be difficult with three good teams coming up”.

Apart from Wolves and Sheffield United, promoted clubs in the past few seasons have been shite. Newcastle somehow manage to get more points than they are worth, and we’ve arguably stunk the place out for periods.

Next season will be no different.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
However, the relevant point to the thread is that whether it’s Bielsa’s Leeds, Billic’s WBA or Brentford if they get there, these teams will soon find out, as Norwich did, that you can’t play nice football and survive your first season in the PL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, Burnley haven't played nice football any of the years they have been in the PL!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a mental hight of twists and turns. Did anyone see the Watkins miss on 83 mins when the score was 1-1? He tucks that away and Brentford are in the Prem.
I was watching it on a stream - lovely ball in, and he didn't even connect with it!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Unfortunately, Burnley haven't played nice football any of the years they have been in the PL!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No they haven't. Ditto Sheffield United. People get caught up in the idea they might play football as they operate with wingbacks and a CB who can overlap but look at the stats and they play a lot of long balls out from the back. A lot of their success comes from having a proper no 9 (Sharp, McBurnie and McGoldrick are all that to a greater or lesser extent) who holds up the ball and allows overlapping players to join, and midfielders who break up counters with chippy little fouls.

Contrast that with Norwich and Bournemouth. Dean Smith played lovely football with Brentford but has had to revert to more pragmatism in the PL with Villa and they still might not stay up.

I'm going to predict that if three "footballing" sides come up, at least two of them will go straight back down again unless they change.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Newcastle somehow manage to get more points than they are worth.

Truer words were never spoken. They've had some incredibly jammy results this season - games were they've been outclassed and somehow nicked a draw or win. Hopefully their luck will turn next year.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My take on the automatic teams

Leeds = Will find the transition tough. A lot of their first team blatantly won't cut it. We will find out how good a coach Bielsa is
WBA = Workmanlike doesn't begin to describe it. Livermore, Austin, Brunt. Can Bilic transform them into a footballing side. Hmm. Doubt it. Can they pick up enough points with those players? Well they didn't when they were all two years younger

Out of the play off teams. Fulham are the only ones with decent wedge to throw at it. Even if Brentford go up, they may lose Watkins etc. Swansea and Cardiff surely not strong enough to avoid a struggle

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Three weeks....

3-weeks-champ.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here