Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship game against Durham;6th-9th May

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
4 Days of a great test for Sussex coming up on Wednesday at Hove.

Just hope the weather stays good for the week as having beaten Durham on Monday I hope we can do it in this 4 day game.

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
THIS is how i would like to see the team be for the game
I hope we play R,H,B. and either Rayner or Beer,as Between them on Monday they Beer and R,H,B. got 5 wickets going back to the Mushy years spin was Durham's undoing and i still think that this is were they are very weak when facing spinners.

Yardy (c)
Nash
Joyce
Goodwin
Wright
Hodd (+)
Hamilton-Brown
Martin-Jenkins
Wright
rayner if fit or W Beer.
Collymore

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Would like to see Gatting given a go, he seems in form. Not sure about Aga, with RMJ, Collymoore and The Wright brothers, do we really need a fifth pace bowler?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Would like to see Gatting given a go, he seems in form. Not sure about Aga, with RMJ, Collymoore and The Wright brothers, do we really need a fifth pace bowler?

waste of space..no better than chucker...

Uncle Buck may agree now.

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Sorry all dont know what has happened to my link seems to be blank my end

The squad is as follows; RG Aga, CD Collymore, MW Goodwin, RJ Hamilton-Brown, AJ Hodd, EC Joyce, RSC Martin-Jenkins, CD Nash, OP Rayner, DG Wright, LJ Wright and MH Yardy (c).

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Uncle Buck, Mendoza, TRIGGER, ANDY KING , I HOPE YOU ARE ALL GOING TO BRING SOME FOOD ALONG ON SUNDAY WHEN WE PLAY SURREY IN THE FPT, 50 OVER GAME .

I WILL BRING THE ROAST BEEF AND ONE OTHER SO I EXPECT OTHERS TO BRING THE POTS AND SALAD AND STRAWBERRYS AND CREAM :clap2::clap2:

..and we have Yasi back on Sunday! Nice to know too that we will then have 8 of our victorious C&G winners still on the staff.

Last edited:

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
if i turn up in my swindon shirt will you throw sandwiches at me? :)

hope gatting and beer start, aga is too expensive and nash keeps stalling in the twenties.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Umpires: N G Cowley, J W Holder
Sussex: Yardy (C), Nash, Joyce, Goodwin, L Wright, Hodd (W), Hamilton-Brown, Martin-Jenkins, Rayner, D Wright, Collymore
Durham: Di Venuto, Stoneman, Smith (C), Muchall, Benkenstein, Blackwell, Mustard (W), Plunkett, Thorp, Claydon, S Harmison

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
THIS is how i would like to see the team be for the game
I hope we play R,H,B. and either Rayner or Beer,as Between them on Monday they Beer and R,H,B. got 5 wickets going back to the Mushy years spin was Durham's undoing and i still think that this is were they are very weak when facing spinners.

Yardy (c)
Nash
Joyce
Goodwin
Wright
Hodd (+)
Hamilton-Brown
Martin-Jenkins
Wright
rayner if fit or W Beer.
Collymore

Spot on