1066gull

Barcalona vs. Lyon

Arsenal vs. Inter Milan

Arsenal vs. Lyon

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Maldini on now, can he produce the miracle ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Milan score

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shevchenko scores 3 - 1 and goodnight Lyon

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Dida fumbling that shot earlier, reminded me of that night at Elland Road when Bowyer scored in the last minute. The place absolutely erupted. Was on a high for days after.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Villareal also through. Will play the winners of Juve-Arse.

Milan's much vaunted midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf and Kaka were very average tonight. But Lyon should have tried to do more in that second half than just defend. They deservedly went out, alas.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And Villarreal through..............should mean Arsenal through to final if the get the better of Juventus.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
Milan's much vaunted midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf and Kaka were very average tonight.

As a unit, I agree - I don't like the diamond they play. But I thought Pirlo was superb individually, everything a holding midfielder should be.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Beach Hut said:
And Villarreal through..............should mean Arsenal through to final if the get the better of Juventus.

Don't be so sure. Riquelme's better than anything Arsenal have in midfield.

Repugnant Toad said:
As a unit, I agree - I don't like the diamond they play. But I thought Pirlo was superb individually, everything a holding midfielder should be.

I understand why you call him a holding midfielder but I don't think it really is the best description, as he is not a ball-winner as such in the Makelele mould, Gattuso has that job. He is far more of a creative playmaker, albeit a deeper-lying one than Kaka. Defensive playmaker perhaps? Few equivalents in the English game at any rate.

But agreed, Pirlo is a superb player, but tonight wasn't his night and Ancelotti's lottery number came up big time after he subbed him.

Last edited:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
London Irish said:
Milan's much vaunted midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf and Kaka were very average tonight. But Lyon should have tried to do more in that second half than just defend. They deservedly went out, alas.

I just want to punch Gattuso whenever I see him.

In the other game the elbow on Sorin was a disgrace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here