Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champions League, Round of 16

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Love the new format Mr Platini, splitting the games over four midweeks mean we can enjoy so much more of the showpiece event in European football.

:yahoo:

After a scinitillating start last night the action could hot up even further tonight, Arsenal v Barca and Roma v Shakhtar.

What's everyones thoughts?? As much as I'd love to see Arsenal win I can't see past Barca, should be a rip roaring affair though and I fancy Arsenal to push them close losing by the odd goal in 5.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
i can`t wait for tonight`s Arsenal game. you just know win,lose or draw its going to be an absolute cracker with possibly the two best passing and entertaining side`s in the world.
think the second leg may be same night as Yeovil away which is a shame.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think that's a short-sighted view. By sprawling all over the schedule the Champions League is slowly strangling domestic competitions such as the FA Cup and also international football.

Also, I pity the League 2 club that has the misfortune to have a home league match on the same night as, say, Barcelona vs Arsenal.

The right balance is to get the Champions League matches done and dusted over 2 weeks at the most. The Sunday papers will probably still be slobbering over this week's Champions League ties rather than be giving enough column inches to the FA Cup stories. Is it any wonder that competition is dying a slow, painful death?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just improves TV figures for watching nothing really clever about that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here