Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champions League Draw

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The draw ALMOST guarantees one English team in the final. *unless CKRs mob can knock out 2 of them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
From an English clubs perspective that is an excellent draw. I would imagine 3 English teams in the semis. Also a very real possibility of an all English final if Man U can beat Barcalona.

Final = Liverpool vs Man Utd

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
arsenal will cruise through against liverpool. im certain of this.

liverpool never even THREATEN the goal when at Arsenal. easy pickings.

also the whole 'anfield euro atmosphere' wont quite be the same against arsenal as it would against chelsea or a foreign team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So potentially Liverpool's winning route is to beat Arsenal, then Chelsea, then Man Utd?

The draw doesn't do much for me. You'd expect Man Utd, Barcelona and Chelsea to get through fairly comfortably. As for Arsenal vs Liverpool - big deal - it's only the Quarters, and not as if we haven't seen them play each other recently.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So potentially Liverpool's winning route is to beat Arsenal, then Chelsea, then Man Utd?

The draw doesn't do much for me. You'd expect Man Utd, Barcelona and Chelsea to get through fairly comfortably. As for Arsenal vs Liverpool - big deal - it's only the Quarters, and not as if we haven't seen them play each other recently.

you will get to see them 3 times in one week next month.

cant wait to see what the two managers do with their squad for the league game in the middle. vital for arsenal, not so for liverpool.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
arsenal will cruise through against liverpool. im certain of this.

liverpool never even THREATEN the goal when at Arsenal. easy pickings.

also the whole 'anfield euro atmosphere' wont quite be the same against arsenal as it would against chelsea or a foreign team.

Keep telling yourself that and remember how many scousers will get tix at the Emirates which WILL make a difference, I think the whole LIVERPOOL IN EUROPE factor will tell. I am of course assuming that the ticket allocation will be far greater for the visitors than a league game?

I am hoping for an Arsenal win, as long as they can actually go the whole way for the 1st time, I'd really hate United to turn Arsenal over like they did the other week in the final.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It does beg the question, that if an all English final happens, will it be moved to Wembley? I think as UEFA are in charge, we already know the answer.

Can you really imagine thousands upon thousands of scousers and mancs all travelling to Moscow and behaving themselves?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
It does beg the question, that if an all English final happens, will it be moved to Wembley? I think as UEFA are in charge, we already know the answer.

Can you really imagine thousands upon thousands of scousers and mancs all travelling to Moscow and behaving themselves?

The Juve - AC Milan final a few years ago was played at Old Trafford. They didn't move it to Italy.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
cant wait to see what the two managers do with their squad for the league game in the middle. vital for arsenal, not so for liverpool.

Liverpool still fighting for 4th so fairly important I would have thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here