Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champions League 24/25 Draw

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Firstly it's on BBC Sport website and iPlayer at 17:00, but it may go on for a while.
Tried to keep up with an explanation on the radio this morning, but couldn't. Seems once a single team are drawn out a computer then asigns 8 other teams for them to play. If it wasn't done by computer it would take days to make the draw.
Today each club will know who they are playing, 4 home games and 4 away but it's 8 different clubs, no home and away legs. As usual no two clubs from the same country and a club can't be drawn against more than two other clubs from the same country (ie Barca can't play three English teams).
Now comes the crunch. The actual KO dates and times will be released on Saturday, yes the same day most of these clubs will be playing a match.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Firstly it's on BBC Sport website and iPlayer at 17:00, but it may go on for a while.
Tried to keep up with an explanation on the radio this morning, but couldn't. Seems once a single team are drawn out a computer then asigns 8 other teams for them to play. If it wasn't done by computer it would take days to make the draw.
Today each club will know who they are playing, 4 home games and 4 away but it's 8 different clubs, no home and away legs. As usual no two clubs from the same country and a club can't be drawn against more than two other clubs from the same country (ie Barca can't play three English teams).
Now comes the crunch. The actual KO dates and times will be released on Saturday, yes the same day most of these clubs will be playing a match.
I might be alone, but I quite like the change. I think you can draw teams from the same pot? So should be bigger games in the group stage

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
I might be alone, but I quite like the change. I think you can draw teams from the same pot? So should be bigger games in the group stage

Yes, every team will play against two teams from the same pot, so for example City could play against Madrid and Bayern.

Draw starts in 15 minutes.

overall_pots.jpeg

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Que?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I've been watching for about 10 mins, and I have to say it is ridiculously confusing. Although on the plus side, I hadn't realised Sturm Graz and Stade Brest are in the Champions League - so great opportunities for Scherpen, Sima and Yalcoue (potentially).

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Only just caught up with these European draws where my only real care is how they impact our fixtures.

Assuming next set of fixtures might be published in the next week or so, Man City likely 5.30 Saturday at a guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here