Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champions League 2023-24

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
ETH looking nervously over his shoulder. Onana couple of good saves in second half but nowhere near good enough overall. Their defence is appalling, Casemiro looks finished. Worrying times for them I’m sure. Oh well, what a shame, never mind!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If ETH got hooked and they came knocking for RDZ, would he go there? I don't reckon he would...
If they get new owners, and it's the end of the season, then it's a possibility. Without those, I'd doubt it. I don't see him leaving us this season anyway. One question he has for his next job is do you go for a team at the top, or one with plenty of room for improvement.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Three former Albion players involved in the CL tonight - White and Tross for Arsenal, and Ostigaard for Napoli. Three ex-Albion in the CL - who'd've thunk that 20 - or even 10 - years ago!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Man United were awful against Bayern. I did not think they were too bad against the Albion 1-3.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Three former Albion players involved in the CL tonight - White and Tross for Arsenal, and Ostigaard for Napoli. Three ex-Albion in the CL - who'd've thunk that 20 - or even 10 - years ago!

They're not quite World Cup-winning material, though, eh? ;)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Crikey, just looked at the line up, they played their best 11.

Lens are a bit of a strange team. They were a point off winning Ligue 1 last season, and whilst it wouldn’t have quite been a Leicester level story, it wouldn’t have been far off. So on that basis it’s a tough game.

They’ve been dogshit this season though, so who knows?!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It's a long way back to Surrey on a weeknight
Just turned on talksport for a bit of a chuckle at the whining united fans and first call I hear 'alright boys, we're just on the way back home on the M6' with South central/South West accents 🙄 at least they went to the game I spose

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Lens are a bit of a strange team. They were a point off winning Ligue 1 last season, and whilst it wouldn’t have quite been a Leicester level story, it wouldn’t have been far off. So on that basis it’s a tough game.

They’ve been dogshit this season though, so who knows?!
They lost their best player, captain and heartbeat of the team - Fofana - unexpectedly to the Saudi millions and they haven’t looked the same team without him. He’s a massive loss to them, different position but think Dunk leaving us.

Amazing win for them tonight. Pleased for them, good club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here