Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chaigneau

E

enigma

How good/bad is this bloke?

I read that he was Cech's understudy at Rennes, and has played for France u21, yet he cant get a game for us. Was there any point signing him? Is he ever going to play?

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
He was dodgy against the Shrews.Mcghee probably doesn't feel he is good enough for the first team yet.He can't get it right every time with the signings.At least he hs the balls to not play him if he an't up to it

Last edited:

E

enigma

rogue said:
He was dodgy against the Shrews.Mcghee probably doesn't feel he is good enough for the first team yet.He can't get it right every time with the signings.At least he hs the balls to not play him if he an't up to it

True, it does take a brave man. I'm just surprised he's not ready for the first team, as Rennes are a reasonably big club in the French league, and by the sounds of it he does have some experience.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah scared the crap out of me with some of his decisions against the Shrews but he only recently joined the squad at that point , interested to see him play in a few months time

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
At Shrews we saw him running back across the car park to the team bus about 10 mins before k/o. Reckon he fogotten his gloves or summat.

As Braders says, he looked well dodgy. Not even sure if he speakes English - if he don't, bit hard calling directions to team mates.

Allez! ! Droite, non gauche!! (sp)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is the problem with FDM could his injury be more serious than we are lead to believe or is it just that MM doesnt rate him as he,MM, appears to be after siging a goalkeeper on a permanent basis.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
BensGrandad said:
What is the problem with FDM could his injury be more serious than we are lead to believe or is it just that MM doesnt rate him as he,MM, appears to be after siging a goalkeeper on a permanent basis.
FDM is back in full training and hopes to make his reserve comeback next month. I've said this so many times....

It's understandable we want another keeper, without one FDM has no real competition, also MM is building for the future so a young keeper is part and parcel of that.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Silent Bob I can fully understand what you are saying about the need for an additional keeper but if that is the case why keep both Henderson and Blaney here on loan when it is most obvious that David O Leary is not going to allow us to buy Henderson at a sensible price. Why not just push on with Blaney and sign a young keeper i.e Jones of Exeter who they are reputed to be looking at.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Henderson is here because we couldn't get Blayney permanently in the summer. We needed someone, so we got him. Then he got injured and we brought Blayney in as cover. I think/hope we will sign one of the two, I don't mind which, and they will compete with Kuipers for the number one shirt.

What do you call a sensible price? They obviously don't rate him or want (yet they play Sorensen ???), QPR wanted him this sumer but refused to pay any fee at all, I don't know what Villa are asking.

I think both Blayney and Hendeson are out of contract this summer though...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Henderson received rave reviews with his display for the Ireland u21s recently and also he does when he plays for us so like Harry Rednap did in pushing up the price of Blaney after we had received the money from Leeds for Harding, as he thought that we could probably afford more plus his 'cut' is it not reasonable to assume that David O Leary will do similar or would 'Deadly Doug' let us have him cheap knowing he robbed us over Gareth Barry and Michael Standing.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Perhaps, maybe that is why we're looking at this Exeter keeper (if we are).

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Henderson HAS to go back to Villa after the Wolves match on November 1st.

We then have TEN matches before he could rejoin us permanently in January, if a sensible fee can be arranged.

Who keeps goal in those ten matches if Kuipers is still not ready?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Henderson HAS to go back to Villa after the Wolves match on November 1st.

We then have TEN matches before he could rejoin us permanently in January, if a sensible fee can be arranged.

Who keeps goal in those ten matches if Kuipers is still not ready?
Blayney?

I know we've only got him for a month, if we let him go back and sign him back on loan when Henderson leaves? Would that fit in with the transfer rules?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here