Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Central Brighton to Falmer?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, the Hikers is a proper Albion pub.

I've just come back from the Swan which has some lovely beers on at the moment but makes its feelings clear with a "no football" sign over the bar.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Takes me between 35-45 minutes to walk from town (western road/churchill square area) to "higher bevendean". Used to take me about 15-20 minutes to walk to school (falmer), so if you're a pacy walker, about an hour is right.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, the Hikers is a proper Albion pub.

I've just come back from the Swan which has some lovely beers on at the moment but makes its feelings clear with a "no football" sign over the bar.

I am so looking forward to drinking in there at some point around the Falmer opening. The landlord may well bar me as I talk football/Albion at his bar, but only after I have predicted his leaving in the near future.

His establishment may well come under offer from a proper businessmen/landlord, or under siege from football fans wanting a drink.

How long will he last?

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Haven't any of you idle buggers got a thing called a bike - straight up the Lewes Road or a lovely glide down from the Downs Hotel.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
ER. There's a bit of the Tour de France route to get up from The Downs first. :down:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I am so looking forward to drinking in there at some point around the Falmer opening. The landlord may well bar me as I talk football/Albion at his bar, but only after I have predicted his leaving in the near future.

His establishment may well come under offer from a proper businessmen/landlord, or under siege from football fans wanting a drink.

How long will he last?

Think you need to read up on past history of threads on the Swan and the Owner,

He does not need to sell beer to make a living like most landlords, he owns it, bought and paid for, so now runs it more like a hobby.
Its his business and he runs how’s he want to like a "proper businessmen/landlord"

Agree it you or I had it we would want to maximise it potential for full financial gain.

But he does not need or want that.
His Pub , his decision.

As for it "under siege from football fans wanting a drink" WTF This is Brighton, not Milwall or West Ham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here