Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Center Parcs

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have been to the Sherwood Forest one, and if you want to Relax and recharge your going to the right place!!

I felt brilliant after a long weekend there and would happily recommend it to anyone!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
excellent...if rather pricy.

In holland they have a similar sort of thing, but cheaper.

I will see if I can dig up the details and PM you

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Not bad but often way overpriced when taking the shabby interiors into consideration. Good leisure facilities if you have kids to keep occupied though and nice surroundings.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Dave, if you are thinking of Gran Dorado, they have been taken over by CP and prices have gone up accordingly.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
PS One tip, take food with you!!

I was advised to do a shopping (food) trip before I went and bloody pleased I did too!!

The supermarket as per the replies above arent exactly Netto prices shall we say!!

:shootself :nono:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
munster monch said:
Dave, if you are thinking of Gran Dorado, they have been taken over by CP and prices have gone up accordingly.

I was...I didn't know that. Seems rediculous. They were a great value break!

I have put hoseasons link ...we use them for Golf Weekends

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
im going in april, and then again in june . At sherwood and longleat.

They are good if you like playing sport.:clap2:

Last edited:

stoke

Jan 14, 2005
We wentt to the one near Cambridge in October last year, the facilities are OK but the restaurants are not cheap and there was never enough staff to keep the tables clean.

We also went on a clay pigeon shoot which according to the driver who picked us up included a 30% markup for Center Parcs.
So if you are thinking of organising something like that you could do it cheaper by arranging it directly.

The accomodation was fine but I'm not sure I would go again.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
They are great, I've been to Elveden, Sherwood and Longleat. I'd recommend Elveden highest I reckon. I love the swimming complex and the huge dome where all the shops and restaurants are. It's kind of like a biosphere with stuff to do in.

So many activities to do too, all inclusive.

Gets you fit with all the activities and biking everywhere. Word of warning though, the Longleat one is bloody hilly compared to the other two.

Enjoy!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Have been to Longleat. Liked it – recommend the following:
– book ahead for the spa the day you arrive. It wil be half empty as everyone else is busy moving into their chalets, and you can have a very relaxing time.
– book your activities ahead. Popular ones will get booked out. Sadly you can't just say, "Oh I fancy archery today" – you need to plan ahead.

It's an ideal place if you have kids.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Good fun but keep an eye on your £££'s spending whilst there. As previous posters have said...

Take your own food / beer / wine and eat and drink in your chalet. You will probably be to knackered to go out anyway after walking around, cycling, swimming, etc.

Don't eat in the restaurants unless you have loads of £££'s to spend, and are prepared to wait to find a table, and wait to be be served!

Make the most of the free / cheaper facilities - avoid the expensive ones as I didn't think they were value for money.

Don't get me wrong, they are great places to take the family, just watch the £££'s whilst you are there.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I've been to Sherwood - great fun! :clap: :clap:

I've been banned though - an incident with a bike & our chalet - 'nuff said!

:lolol:

:wave:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thought about it for easter until we worked out the cost. Over a grand before food and activities (remember you have to pay for most of the sports and other activities) for a family of three.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Eddie the Seagull said:
I've been banned though - an incident with a bike & our chalet maid - 'nuff said!

Surely?!

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Tips:

Term time is much cheaper.
You pay for the chalet, not per person, so the more people the cheaper.
Get there early and leave late. You can use all the facilities for the whole day of arrival and day of departure.
Either take food/drink with you, or buy from one of the big supermarkets in the nearest town.
Sherwood is more 'open' and therefore a bit more vulnerable to the weather.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
brighton rock said:
anyone been to one,if so are they anygood?

thinking of going to one soon!

They won't let you park your caravan in there you know:jester:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Been to Sherwood. excellent but a bit pricey as mentioned above. Enjoyed it and came away a bit fitter! Good holiday.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
thanks for you help chaps

i have just booked at the one near Cambridge for the weekend(no spurs game but a happy misses) got a good deal as its a late booking with over 30%off for the weekend £280 for a 6 bed villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here