Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic-Rangers - They get SO worked up

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just switched this on by chance. Once again it's one of the interminable Auld Firm derbies which I can only assume the Beeb keep showing cos it's cheaper than flying B-list presenters out to cover the paraplegic snowboarding from Andorra or whatever.

Just as well it's got pissed-up religious bigotry going for it cos it sure ain't got much else. The first Russian Oil Gangsta to invest in, say, St.Mirren, can clean up bigtime. :salute:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Quite a good game till Celtic scored then it went tame.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yup, and Celtic have now won the SPL - ON THE THIRD OF JANUARY - which sort of kills the entire season stone dead. Load of old bolleaux Scottish football. Hasn't moved on in half a century :yawn:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't possibly comment. I get flamed every time I mention the running down of the playing side ('We got no money, unlike Wyecombe we cant possibly afford any striker of any use over five foot eleven, are you FG in disguise, youre myopic, how dare you suggest we even discuss the downward spiral of the attendence figues and gathering apathy blah blah blah'). But hey! there's a lot of smart folk on here who are keeping the faith that we'll fill Falmer in four year's time when we're down to 2K season ticket renewers, ninety thousand floaters who may or may not turn up and we're staring Div.3. 'Half Time At Hereford The Sequel' in the face cos we've done it on the cheap once too often. The sooner people admit we don't scrub up too well anymore, the sooner we can get into recovery. Grrrrrr... :salute:

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The first few were a bit of a treat and almost looked forward to them,now it just seems the same old crap like you say.Today just seemed boring.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not only boring, but lacking the passion that we see from the Withdean Horlicks and tartan blanket brigade week in, week out.

bhanuts

Jul 5, 2003
hail hail the Cekts r here!

HA HA HA HA

WE have won the league again fly the flag!

Tom Hark said:
Can't possibly comment. I get flamed every time I mention the running down of the playing side ('We got no money, unlike Wyecombe we cant possibly afford any striker of any use over five foot eleven, are you FG in disguise, youre myopic, how dare you suggest we even discuss the downward spiral of the attendence figues and gathering apathy blah blah blah'). But hey! there's a lot of smart folk on here who are keeping the faith that we'll fill Falmer in four year's time when we're down to 2K season ticket renewers, ninety thousand floaters who may or may not turn up and we're staring Div.3. 'Half Time At Hereford The Sequel' in the face cos we've done it on the cheap once too often. The sooner people admit we don't scrub up too well anymore, the sooner we can get into recovery. Grrrrrr... :salute:

Ah yes, like the alcoholic acknowledging he has a problem, then he can go into a twelve step program of no alcohol for the rest of his life.

What we'll do then Tom Hark, is realise graciously that BHA have no chance of success in a proper stadium with facilities, atmosphere, food, family encouragements, press box, camera stages, scoreboard, covered clean warm seating, etc etc - then we can settle down to YOUR reality which is.....er ....groundsharing with Gillingham (??) Well, what the f*** are you talking about then ? Tell us, what is 'recovery' then? I cannot fathom what drivel 'recovery' is from such obviously ridiculous forward-thinking over-optimistic fantasy-worldly sillyness as Hull, Southampton, Reading etc etc all call normal everyday league life ?

Ah yes, sell BHA to a rich enterpreneur, build slowly (slower than this Falmer pipedream has sped past our eyes) in Beeding or Shoreham Harbour.

The chances are you are TALKING OUT OF YOUR ARSE aren't they THfPP ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think both Rangers and Celtic need a new challenge.

Perhaps starting off in the Worthington Cup ?

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
Tom Hark said:

get your chequebook out then :censored: :censored:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NMH said:
Yes, I see.

Perhaps because you can't come up with an explanation, and that your comments make no sense before you posted them, and less afterwards.

I certainly do see, and I feel really, really sorry for you - you are being poorly victimized. There there .

Ah, well, the gist is sort of (whichever colour light Falmer gets):

2004-2005 Season:
Ticket prices up by 5%
Season ticket renewers down by 5%
Floaters down by 10%
Playing budget down 10%
League position down 20%
Apathy factor up 30%

2005-2006:
See 2004-2005 Season

2006-2007:
See 2005-2006 Season

Get The Picture. Yes We See.

I take you haven't actually SEEN the piss-poor level of play recently? It truly madly deeply is pitiful. Sure, there's a hard core of us who will go irrespective cos that's what we do. But it IS possible to want Falmer AND not want the playing side run down to the extent whereby we have the best new ground in the Conference.

Anyways, when are the division Two fixtures out?

Tom is, in fact, sugar-coating the dire position we find ourselves in.

I can reveal there has been a:
10% increase in Preston Park posters being victimised;
20% rise in myopic spoilt-brat whingeing;
and a whopping 30% rise in the bizarre use of pointless statistics.

I am genuinely intrigued though by floaters being down by 10% - has Dick Knight installed better toilets at Withdean?

Last edited:

Tom Hark said:
Ah, well, the gist is sort of (whichever colour light Falmer gets):

2004-2005 Season:
Ticket prices up by 5%
Season ticket renewers down by 5%
Floaters down by 10%
Playing budget down 10%
League position down 20%
Apathy factor up 30%

2005-2006:
See 2004-2005 Season

2006-2007:
See 2005-2006 Season

Get The Picture. Yes We See.

I take you haven't actually SEEN the piss-poor level of play recently? It truly madly deeply is pitiful. Sure, there's a hard core of us who will go irrespective cos that's what we do. But it IS possible to want Falmer AND not want the playing side run down to the extent whereby we have the best new ground in the Conference.

Anyways, when are the division Two fixtures out?

Oops, you caught me there, I have only seen two league games out of the last three, and haven't actually seen the Albion play in two weeks. My impression of them in those games, all those days ago, was that they were worth the four points they picked up, and no better. My general feeling is that, although Brighton could play a little better, the league position at the moment is flattering . I expect us to finish the season in the mid-table, and only in the playoffs if MM builds on the current side in a couple of positions since coppout didn't exactly leave him and Bob Booker with a side like Adams left Taylor .

No TH, I am not thinking that the Albion are outstanding as a 2nd Division side. I AM thinking that money and time has been invested greatly in Falmer applications and preparation, at the expense of the team. It is therefore a necessary operation with the future in mind, in a superior facility that you say isn't what they should be striving for (but you don't say what the alternative is - so I assume it's to have an amazing squad winning all games and filling Withdean for years to come).

We lose managers because of the lacking facilities, and the low funds that Withdean allows for. Yet you, Tom Hark, maintain we are ill advised to improve the facilities. Remarkable, enlightening - football genius in fact !
"we will go downhill, incapable of selling tickets at Falmer" you say? Hmm, another piece of genius foresight. I trust you will be outside church with a sign this Sunday "THE END IS NIGH - REPENT YE AND HIDE UNDER SACKCLOTH OR FACE FIRE AND ARMEGEDDON (Revelations 4:27)" .

Oh harbinger of doom, how we of Brighton must prostrate ourselves, lay down our pride in the City, set aside such averice and accept dark clouds - go barefoot and shun ambitious LUST !!
Prepare ye all Albion fans, eat the dust and dare not ask the lord for better. The powers that be have spoken ! We shall go hungry and be glad, think NOT for wanton luxuries (said in '4 Yorkshiremen' accent) and lick t' road clean wi 't tongues.

Never shall we have another ground, ne'er shall we get anything better than Southwick FC or Shoreham United, we'll do better in the Conference at Withdean and a forklift-driver as player-manager.

Get real THfPP, take off thy doom-laden glasses and see !

Speculate to accumulate. "Build it and they shall come".

FALMER FOR ALL - and soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here