Votes: 56 53.8%
  • Celtic

Votes: 48 46.2%

• Total voters

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Anyway, when it comes to Scottish football the only side for me is Hearts (used to live very close to the ground, so can claim it was geographically my nearest team, Easter Road was a couple of miles away)...didn't see any trouble when Celtic came to Tynecastle, they were all too mashed on Buckfast and jellies to do anything stupid...however, when Rangers came to town the atmosphere was a little edgy to say the least).

FFS. 60,000 fans invade Manchester - nearly all of them with ulster & jock accents, but apparently the widespread disorder was the fault of the 40 Chelsea supporting knuckleheads who made the trip.

I've heard it all now.

Would you like me to explain addition to you? I said ADD the Chelsea element (and there were considerably more than 40 there - indeed there are considerably more than 40 Chelsea knuckleheads at each and every Rangers home match), NOT that the CHelsea element were the TOTAL of the troublemakers.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I dont think two of nscs biggest glasgow celtic fans are gonna be to pleased with this poll so far. Atfc seagull and Johnboy that is. (sorry Boys :D).
When was Johnboy ever BIG???:lolol:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
most people claiming a side on here would not know though. Oh mate its the cringyest thing ever. Fair play to the kiddy starting the thread though you get to see who the plums are.

Following an Old Firm side automatically makes you a plum why? You do not need to be one of "the hardcore who go the whole hog" to have an informed interest in one of them - after all we are primarily Albion fans.

Incidentally why have you been to Linfield and the Old Firm grounds?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
if you are a proper fan then its not aimed at you mate. dont take it personal if you dont feel you are one of them. thats for you to decide your motives for taking an interest. i am not asking anyone to justify themselves just saying it how i see it. and for the most part its been laughable peoples reasons for latching on, in my experience, and embarassing. you cannot deny i am not far off the truth in most cases.

why have i been to these places. lots of reasons mate but far more mundane than confusion about my nationality or a wish to get involved in sectarianism or locations that have f*** all to do with me in reality.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
if you are a proper fan then its not aimed at you mate. dont take it personal if you dont feel you are one of them. thats for you to decide your motives for taking an interest. i am not asking anyone to justify themselves just saying it how i see it. and for the most part its been laughable peoples reasons for latching on, in my experience, and embarassing. you cannot deny i am not far off the truth in most cases.

why have i been to these places. lots of reasons mate but far more mundane than confusion about my nationality or a wish to get involved in sectarianism or locations that have f*** all to do with me in reality.

Well I don't claim to be a "proper" fan, I claim to be a proper Brighton fan and a part-time follower of Celtic, largely via TV. But its been the way I've been brought up and I'd never call it latching on.

Wasn't a dig at you, was just wondering why someone who clearly (rightly or wrongly) has an agenda against the perceived bigotry of those clubs, you have been to all 3 of them!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Well I don't claim to be a "proper" fan, I claim to be a proper Brighton fan and a part-time follower of Celtic, largely via TV. But its been the way I've been brought up and I'd never call it latching on.

Wasn't a dig at you, was just wondering why someone who clearly (rightly or wrongly) has an agenda against the perceived bigotry of those clubs, you have been to all 3 of them!

So you support , Brighton, and you 'like' ATFC and the tims?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

not at all mate i dont have an agenda they can be as bigoted as they like, i'm not precious. god knows footballs a sterile experience as it is, good luck to them if everyones a consenting adult. see this is my point i mention i have been to x and you think i am a troubles tourist like the other punters. not at all mate just been with mates who follow them all, properly.

my issue is with the idiots here who latch onto the politics and end up making fools of themselves over it. would you follow serbia just because you thought the kosovans were c u n ts?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
not at all mate i dont have an agenda they can be as bigoted as they like, i'm not precious. god knows footballs a sterile experience as it is, good luck to them if everyones a consenting adult. see this is my point i mention i have been to x and you think i am a troubles tourist like the other punters. not at all mate just been with mates who follow them all, properly.

my issue is with the idiots here who latch onto the politics and end up making fools of themselves over it. would you follow serbia just because you thought the kosovans were c u n ts?

Not calling you a troubles tourist at all mate, just was interested as not many people in the world would have been to all 3 of those places, especially if they don't support Rangers!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Not calling you a troubles tourist at all mate, just was interested as not many people in the world would have been to all 3 of those places, especially if they don't support Rangers!

the UKs a tiny country mate. thats whats part of what cracks me up, people who get a nosebleed going north of the A27 nailing their colours to an old firm mast.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
there's only one team in Scotland:

beathbadge.jpg

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Celtic.

Lived in Scotland for 4 years and Rangers fans were the most despicable bunch of football supporters I have ever seen. At Hibs once I saw their fans conduct a mass Nazi salute whilst singing OUR National Anthem; they regularly trash the towns and cities they visit; they abuse our flag and our songs, turning them as symbols of hatred; they hate the English (and everyone else) - despite some idiots on here and in England wrongly thinking they're patriotic; they've a long history of bigotry and discrimination; but mainly because they've done more damage to Unionism and the long link between Scotland and England than any one group or party. As someone who is very proud of the UK, loves all 4 countries that make it up, and who is also very proud of the strength and diversity of our Nation, I couldn't despise Rangers any more than I do. Celtic may indeed have it's own loony element, but I've seen both teams come to Edinburgh many times, and they're fans are a hell of a lot better. And being mixed Protestant-Catholic-whatever makes they're fans more welcoming to all people, and from experience I include English Brighton fans.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Likewise Il Duce, from my experience of living in Scotland and having to work with Rangers fans and witness their behaviour at Tynecastle...I dislike them more than any English club. Celtic fans are no angels, but for a while I dated someone who was a Scottish Roman Catholic...the whole family were ardent Celtic fans, yet as someone with Anglo/Irish Anglican roots they welcomed me and treated me very well indeed...I can only talk from personal experience.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Likewise Il Duce, from my experience of living in Scotland and having to work with Rangers fans and witness their behaviour at Tynecastle...I dislike them more than any English club. Celtic fans are no angels, but for a while I dated someone who was a Scottish Roman Catholic...the whole family were ardent Celtic fans, yet as someone with Anglo/Irish Anglican roots they welcomed me and treated me very well indeed...I can only talk from personal experience.

I dated a Celtic fan too! She was a cracker. All her family were Celtic fans and they were superb. Never heard any bad word about England and they were always very welcoming. I also dated a Rangers fan. Her family were so backward and they hated pretty much everyone and everything: Catholics, foreigners, non-whites, English, Irish, most Scots, the lot. Funnily enough I don't have so many pleasant memories of that one...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
:bigwave:
there's only one team in Scotland:

beathbadge.jpg

WHEN THE SUN SHINES, ON THE COW SHED, OH WHEN THE BALL GO'S IN THE NET, YOU CAN HEAR THOSE COWDEN-BEATH BOYS, GETTING OF THERE f***ing HEADS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here