Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic or Rangers?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
junior said:
Try telling the hundreds of wankers in Celtic shirts that thew petrol bombs at me on the Ardoyne for the last 3 summers that thier team is BRITISH:nono:

you should have shot the bastards...what do we give you machine guns for:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ironic that I am British but also Catholic (lapsed) yet I would side with a club that a lot of it's supporters don't regard themselves as British.
Don't want either Celtic or Rangers in England either, the bigotry is just to intense.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Dave the Gaffer said:
you should have shot the bastards...what do we give you machine guns for:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ssh... Good Friday Agreement, can't pick off the blighters anymore :p

Was in Norn Iron on Saturday/Sunday Morning and I have to say that it has the f***ing weirdest mix of really nice, friendly people and callous bastards I've ever seen, with nothing in between. I don't think it was delineated by the colour of their football shirts either...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Hate Rangers with a passion, not so much Celtic because most of the people I have met who followed them were OK, but you can take that sectarian crap and shove it where the sun don't shine. As for either of them joining the Premiership, no thanks, we don't need your sort.

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
ROSM said:
interestingly it was Rangers who had the no catholics rule whilst celtic signed anybody (e.g. Kenny Dalglish who was a dyed in the wool protestant). In edinburgh I believe it was the other way round with Hibs (the catholic club) refusing to sign any non catholics while Hearts were more open.

In fact Rangers DID have a number of Catholics playing for them over the years, not in vast amounts admittedly, but RC's nonetheless.

The signing of Mo Johnson, controversial for both many Rangers and Celtic fans, was the most highly publicised RC signing and many have played for Rangers since, with Paul Le Guen being the first Catholic manager for which not a hair was turned at his signing (and bearing in mind Rangers have had just 12 managers since 1873 - incl Walter Smith twice!!)

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
Gully said:
Hate Rangers with a passion, not so much Celtic because most of the people I have met who followed them were OK, but you can take that sectarian crap and shove it where the sun don't shine. As for either of them joining the Premiership, no thanks, we don't need your sort.

Errrrr.....so all Rangers supporters are bigots and Celtic supporters are all nice?!

You are either very young or very stupid, but either way you havent got a fvcking clue!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No, I lived in Scotland for three years and saw their behaviour during games against Hearts, at least the Celtic fans just sang and got drunk on Buckfast. I am not young, naiive or stupid enough to believe that all Rangers fans are bigots nor all Celtic fans are nice.

However, when some Rangers following colleagues discovered that part of my family hails from the Irish Republic I was submitted to vile and racist abuse...so far from tarring everyone with the same brush I am sure you will understand why I am less than warm towards huns.

As for not having an effing clue, you try racism for size, as the victim...it is not pleasant.

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
Gully said:
No, I lived in Scotland for three years and saw their behaviour during games against Hearts, at least the Celtic fans just sang and got drunk on Buckfast. I am not young, naiive or stupid enough to believe that all Rangers fans are bigots nor all Celtic fans are nice.

However, when some Rangers following colleagues discovered that part of my family hails from the Irish Republic I was submitted to vile and racist abuse...so far from tarring everyone with the same brush I am sure you will understand why I am less than warm towards huns.

As for not having an effing clue, you try racism for size, as the victim...it is not pleasant.

Not nice i'm sure and i wouldnt try to defend their behaviour for one second!

Though I would describe myself as a unionist/loyalist for what its worth I love Ireland and have been there a number of times, incl 3 tours with the Albion under Micky Adams, and the people have, generally, been more than welcoming.

There is of course the odd idiot (racist/ bigot?) that doesnt appreciate the English accent.

Apologies if I offended you.

BB

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
the mighty blues

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Rangers for me. They had players like Mark Hately and Chris Woods who I used to think was quality (until he let in a shit goal at his near post when playing for England)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Protestant clubs without out a doubt

hill 16 southwick

Jun 27, 2004
southwick
Hail Hail

For its a grand old team to play for,
For its a grand old team to see,
And if you know the history,