Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic in league 2 ?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
This!

Would rather have Luton & York back in the football league.

When Wrexham got relegated they should have joined the Welsh league, they would then get to play in Europe every season.

Alternatively Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham to join the Scottish clubs and form the 'Celtic' league

I tend to agree with this. Although my attitude to the Welsh has softened after they did the decent thing and joined Team GB. The Jocks can fester up there in their deluded independent little world.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
There is another problem here, i.e. if you let Celtic, and almost certainly Rangers in, what about the rest of the Scottish League? Why should it be one rule for Celtic and another for the other clubs?

Don't get me wrong (and I think this about the Welsh League too) but how is it possible that the best teams can just move to a better division when they've outgrown their own League leaving the others behind?

Imagine if PSG suddently thought, "you know what, we're bigger than this league, we're joining La Liga". The whole concept of clubs changing Leagues is stupid, rotten, cheating insanity.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The Scots gripe on about wanting independence - let them have it and keep their second rate football teams (and Rugby!!)

Yes !!! I have worked with too many Scots who support A.B.E.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
I would hate, hate, hate to have them in our leagues. If they joined, Rangers would join too (soon enough). Can you imagine the biggest derby in English football being in Scotland?

I don't want them anywhere near our game, and I'd want to help in any way I could to stop it.

Surely it would still be us v Palace?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The only one actually. Notice how for the last two seasons they have not featured in any pre season games South of the border. The Arsenal experience a few seasons back is typical of what they will do to an area; like locusts.

Here's to the Finnish Champions doing them next week.

TNBA

TTF

They played at Norwich in an end of season game. It went rather well by all accounts.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
How many Scots in the English Parliament.......?

Err, none. There is no "English Parliament".

As for the Welsh, they are geographically near unlike many scots teams. Imagine BHA VS Celtic/Rangers, that's quite a distance for fans to travel. Take it a step further, what if Aberdeen "qualified" to join as well, even further to go (and vice versa).

Will never happen, and as someone mentioned, just something for journo's with too much time and not enough brains to fill column inches from time to time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Indeed. The shopkeepers at Arsenal lost thousands of pounds in luting and shop damage when they played there. Soap sales were unaffected (i.e. zero).

Keep em caged in at the East End of Glasgow I say; only sensible option.

TNBA

TTF
I don't disagree, but exactly the same applies to the pricks among your own muppet weegie support. All that WATP bullshit but then smashing up Manchester anyway. Utter twunts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here