Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic in europe,or is it out of europe ?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Gutted for Celtic tonight. :down: More upset than when England were knocked out of the World Cup. Neil Lennon should never have been appointed permanent manager.

It's going to be a very subdued atmosphere at the Emirates this weekend now, last season in the Champions League final qualifying round was one of the best nights ever with their fans. They deserve so much better.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The interview with Lennon is superb. He basically said they set out to defend and the Celtic keeper only had one save to make and that was in the 93rd minute! What about the 3 goals that the team let in? I also see from the stats that Celtic failed to have a shot on target!

I will be interested to see how good Aberdeen are on Saturday. Its about time a different team won the SPL, although I doubt that will happen.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The interview with Lennon is superb. He basically said they set out to defend and the Celtic keeper only had one save to make and that was in the 93rd minute! What about the 3 goals that the team let in? I also see from the stats that Celtic failed to have a shot on target!

I will be interested to see how good Aberdeen are on Saturday. Its about time a different team won the SPL, although I doubt that will happen.

It is almost horrible viewing, the guy is under so much pressure already, and the worst sort of pressure. Sky-high expectations, but a very poor side and no money to do anything about it. Europe continues to be where the current state of Scottish football gets exposed.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
braga are a classy outfit. wasn't really much of a surprise that they thumped celtic was it, expect them to also win the away leg.

wonderful stadium by the way, braga's, completely unique in many ways including the car park and bars and walkways that sit underneath the pitch! if you're sitting in the 'other' stand, you enter one side of the pitch then walk underneath it to access your stand on the other side!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
It is almost horrible viewing, the guy is under so much pressure already, and the worst sort of pressure. Sky-high expectations, but a very poor side and no money to do anything about it. Europe continues to be where the current state of Scottish football gets exposed.

Indeed when we bumped into Tony Mowbray at a service station (just days before he was sacked) he said the pressure from the fans/media was pretty much unbearable and hence his family had remained down in the midlands because he did not want them to also suffer. With the Champions League spot only for the league winners as well the pressure will be even greater this season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Lmao at all you Celtic Sympathisers, they are shit and so what?
Rangers are in so much shit financially it is unbelievable and still they managed to walk the league!
Celtic havent made underwhelming signings, they have made the signings that they are capable of, Sol Campbell and Jimmy Bullard didnt go there because they are actually quite good footballers, Hooper went because he wasnt getting the interest from the EPL and compared to Scunny Celtic are a massive club, but the standard of football he will be playing at is a step down.
One of the best players in the SPL last season was Stephen Davis, a player who couldnt get in Fulhams team!
The top scorer EVER in the SPL has just signed for Middlesborough ffs, along with half of the rest of the old firm!
Scottish football is a mess imho, and apart from about four teams who are no better than Championship standard, the rest would struggle in league 1.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Glad they are nearly down and out........

Gutted for Celtic tonight. :down: More upset than when England were knocked out of the World Cup. Neil Lennon should never have been appointed permanent manager.

It's going to be a very subdued atmosphere at the Emirates this weekend now, last season in the Champions League final qualifying round was one of the best nights ever with their fans. They deserve so much better.

Oh really?'They deserve so much better', my @rse!

They are a bunch of low life, as born out by the match report for their game against Lincoln (link below):

Grimsby Town Forum - Lincoln vs Celtic - A Disgrace

Grow up lad and wipe away the green and white dross that covers your eyes.

They got what they deserve and it will be welcome to not see them pedalling their evil and unwelcome IRA songs in Europe this season.

TNBA

TTF

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Oh really?'They deserve so much better', my @rse!

They are a bunch of low life, as born out by the match report for their game against Lincoln (link below):

Grimsby Town Forum - Lincoln vs Celtic - A Disgrace

Grow up lad and wipe away the green and white dross that covers your eyes.

They got what they deserve and it will be welcome to not see them pedalling their evil and unwelcome IRA songs in Europe this season.

TNBA

TTF

And your lot are angels aren't they? I hope Newcastle take the piss at Ipox next week and give your famous ICF a good hiding.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I went to watch Celtic play at Fulham with two bona fide fans who travel to all games from Southern Scotland. It was an experience.

Lots of bigotry on show. The fans absolutely trashed Fulham and the various parks. Lots of shoplifting and a gang of 40 or so tried to break into a Craven Cottage bar that had been closed for the second half.

They were pissing all over the away end and I certainly wouldn't want to spend much more than two hours with that lot.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Scottish football is a mess imho, and apart from about four teams who are no better than Championship standard, the rest would struggle in league 1.

If the SPL was a road race it would be contested by 2 BMWs, a couple of Morris Minors, a Robin Reliant, a 50cc Vespa scooter, 3 bicycles, 2 of those metal scooter things kids use and an OAP mobility carriage.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If the SPL was a road race it would be contested by 2 BMWs, a couple of Morris Minors, a Robin Reliant, a 50cc Vespa scooter, 3 bicycles, 2 of those metal scooter things kids use and an OAP mobility carriage.

Lmfao

You are nearly spot on mate, just a bit of exaggeration on the part of the two BMW's :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

BMW is generous at the moment. I'd say two second-hand Astras.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here