Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic admit premier league defeat

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm surprised that the idea is still being publicly mooted: it had no chance from the outset and it will never have any chance.

To quote the cliche: turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

E

enigma

They and Rangers would be a serious threat long term in the Premier League.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
All they would contribute to the Premier league is their bigotry and racial intolerance, I think we can manage without that, best left north of the border.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
they should never be allowed in the english leagues

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They should be allowed to play in the english League Cup though. Would give a few Championship / lower division sides the chance to put the Old Firm in their proper place, and to confirm exactly where they are in the food chain.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think its a shame, afterall we have Cardiff & Swansea so why not the two (bigger) Old Firm teams and then potentially more?

Afterall in years to come we're gonna lose Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal to some crappy Euro league so we're gonna need to fill the gaps!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Easy 10 said:
They should be allowed to play in the english League Cup though.

I reckon they should turn the league cup in to the british cup with all english, welsh, scottish and northern irish teams, brighton vs queen of the south! :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Marc said:
I think its a shame, afterall we have Cardiff & Swansea so why not the two (bigger) Old Firm teams and then potentially more?
They've been in the league since the beginning.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
filthy, aren't we the queens of the south?

(if you listen to the abuse we get from opposition fans)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Marc said:

Afterall in years to come we're gonna lose Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal to some crappy Euro league so we're gonna need to fill the gaps!

But how would you do it , put them straight in the premier league but have 5 relagated with a knock on to 5 out the championship. . . keep them up there i say

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Dougal said:
But how would you do it , put them straight in the premier league but have 5 relagated with a knock on to 5 out the championship. . . keep them up there i say

nah just relegate Pompeyscum & Chrystal Palarse to League Two ;)

hell I dont know, I would just like to see them in it thats all!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You must have a reason.

As far as I can see the negatives far outweigh the positives.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Marc said:

Pah! Let's fill one of the gaps with Brighton & Hove Albion. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here