Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrity Baby Names

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I read somewhere about a woman who refused to name/register her child for six months, so she could name him/her according to their emerging personality. Seemed a good idea tbh...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We never forget at my work an application from India, person by the name of Ramya Baby.
That's not a recommendation for name of lifestyle choice, by the way.

If i had it my way and lived on an island of no other residents than me and my folks and a once-ever-five-years-parachuted-in-person-of-different-genes who is prime for birthing, then i'd just go through the WWE history and look to call my son The Rock or Doink or Rowdy Roddy Meade'sBall.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I read somewhere about a woman who refused to name/register her child for six months, so she could name him/her according to their emerging personality. Seemed a good idea tbh...

Except for the fact that for 6 months you have to introduce your child as to people as what? and talk to him as what?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Consider Sorority for a girl.

Consider Superman for a boy.

But go with Rosie or Stuart.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Except for the fact that for 6 months you have to introduce your child as to people as what? and talk to him as what?

It just makes me think we impose our wishes on an infant...

I think if I was introducing an un-named child to people, I'd explain the process I'd embarked on, and re: point two, in interacting with the child, without using a name, and watching their demeanour and facial expressions, begin to gain an overview of the infant person, and gradually formulate an idea of what they are in effect naming themselves...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My missus just suggested Blaze. I will NEVER let her live that down...EVER.

I like Stanley and lots of other solid old names (Iris, Olive etc), but I'm not getting the seal of approval.

Are you sure she didn't mean Blaise? Don't like it personally, but I have heard of a few girls with that name.

Stanley is awesome, a friend of mine had a baby boy this week and named him that.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Are you sure she didn't mean Blaise? Don't like it personally, but I have heard of a few girls with that name.

Stanley is awesome, a friend of mine had a baby boy this week and named him that.

Yes Edna, I can now confirm that she did mean Blaise, which is somewhat better than Blaze which is on the American top 500 list and just sounds like a Gladiator.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There was a girl in my wifes school a few years back, called Stacy, but it was short for .... Ecstasy.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I tried to get Alan Bjorn past the good lady wife on the basis that Alan is my dads name, and as she is/was a big ABBA fan, Bjorn seemed a decent middle name that would remind us of when we got together blah, blah, blah.

Al-Bjorn, that would have been just GREAT.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There is a girl at our work called Princess Apiah. Her real name is Princess Elizabeth Apiah but she dropped the Elizabeth because she thought it 'sounded pretentious'

Couldn't make it up.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Al-Bjorn, that would have been just GREAT.

That is inspired!

In a previous job I did some document checks on an employee whose maiden name had been Butt...it turned out that she had a sister called Anita...goodness only knows what their parents had been thinking, at least they had a sense of humour!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here