Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities you used to like but now find irritating

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I echo the Fry sentiments, too much f***ing twittering and iPhone/Pad/Mac bullshit from him these days.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
GERVAIS!

Finding his whole act a bit tiresome now.

I would have put him, but the thread title clearly asks "Celebrities you used to like but now find irritating." I found him irritating from the start so he didn't qualify for my list.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Fearne Cotton, was tasty, now just another wannabe COOL hip shite DJ on britains shittest radio station

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Stephen Fry - Blackadder, Jeeves & Wooster and QI are all brilliant but he seems to be so ubiquitous these days. We don't need to hear his opinion on every topic in the news, from how great the iPad is to why the Pope should have been banned from the UK. I wish he would stick to making amusing and entertaining books and television.

The winner.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Al Murray. Pub Landlord would have been fine as a 30 second one-off throwaway sketch off The Fast Show. But it was a naff stereotype in the first place and seems like he's got nothing else. Poor bugger, what a horrible way to have to spend your life.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
James Cordon - funny about the first 2 or 3 times I saw him, now just an annoyance

Jonathan Ross - has gone so far up his own arse I'm surprised he hasn't turned himself inside out

Two superb shouts there. James Cordon officially became a complete tosser the minute he was commissioned to host his own tedious series of TV shows after every match during the world cup.

But surely some of these nominations have never been likeable in the first place. Moyles? Always was a boring misogynist fat twunt. Al Murray? Never funny. Ever. Even when my wife new him before he was famous he was about as funny as a happy slap.

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
the Grumpy Old..... 'celebs'

Jeremy Clarkson, Bob Geldof, John Humphrys, A. A. Gill, Nigel Havers, Tony Hawks, Simon Hoggart, John O'Farrell, Rory McGrath, Bill Nighy, Matthew Parris, John Peel, Will Self, Arthur Smith, Tim Rice, Rick Stein, Tony Slattery, Rick Wakeman, Lemn Sissay, Don Warrington and Des Lynam. The narrator is Geoffrey Palmer

Jilly Cooper Jenny Eclair Kathryn Flett Bonnie Greer Germaine Greer Sheila Hancock India Knight Nina Myskow Janet Street-Porter Arabella Weir Ann Widdecombe Stephanie Beacham Annette Crosbie Muriel Gray Indira Joshi Helen Lederer Maureen Lipman Aggie MacKenzie Jane Moore Esther Rantzen Linda Robson Pam St Clement Jenni Trent Hughes Kim Woodburn Lynn Barber Sheila Ferguson Lynne Franks Charlie Hardwick Fiona Phillips Eve Pollard

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
GERVAIS!

Finding his whole act a bit tiresome now.

Trouble is Gervais WAS the Office.He was so cut out to play that part because he has a sheepish look about him anyway.I just find anything else he does dosn't seem to work.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Will Ferrell
Seth "Oh look man, I smoke weed and am like, so totally the fat guy everyone loves in every film i do" Rogen

I was tempted to put Will Ferrell but I think he's still a couple of films away from annoying me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here