Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CDH ? Please read.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Affects 1/2,500 births in which as good as 50/5 % die within days. However have you heard of it ??:wave:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
No - not me - had to google it to work out what it was. Nasty but its amazing what they can do even before birth these days!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Is that the one when their insides are outside?

From my five minute wikipedia-ing this looks to be some sort of hernia on the diaphram which means the lungs don't work properly or aren't in the proper place. Looks very nasty.

I think the insides on the outside is Gastro-something...

sorry - just read that back - its obvious I'm not a doctor! :lol:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
No. I have started both threads,however CDH AFFECTS occurs in as good as 1/2500 births. Why ? Never on the news.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
When doing your research for this matter you must use the full name Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia.

Reason being my daughter was born with Congenital Dislocated Hip with is also referred to as CDH.
This is a far more common than Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and thankfully not dangerous to the child but will affect any facts and figures that you may be researching.

“Not intended as a know all or snotty just to make you aware when using abbreviations for your research as it may well affect your figures.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here