Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cctv in the ground

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A group of burly looking blokes near me and my dad were giving the Borough fans some stick. A steward came down to tell them to quiet down and got told to get lost so the stand manager tried to turf one of them out to cries of f*** off!! Think he realized he had no chance and slinked off. They'll get a warning no doubt but it seems very heavy handed as they were just having a laugh and there's been no grief otherwise.

They're the ones making all the atmosphere as well.

PS> if anyone knows who im talking about and the club are giving them grief, me and my mate will attest to their good nature :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
a couple of people were ushered out by a steward Saturday and they never returned, not sure if he had been tipped off by surveillance or if a complaint had been made from someone near by , can't pick your nose these days

No you never could, you pick your own!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think there are a number of contributing factors as to why football violence is no longer a major issue inside grounds and CCTV is, in my opinion a small part of it. A larger part is the very severe penalties if convicted and all seater stadia making the major part of it.

Yes. And how do you get convicted? Because those cameras can provide irrefutable evidence against you by being able to pick out individual faces.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
a bloke in front of me at the POSH game had a Hip Flask full of scotch i believe, he had a quick nip before the game in the concourse and got it taken off of him in the stands even though it was in his pocket

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
A group of burly looking blokes near me and my dad were giving the Borough fans some stick. A steward came down to tell them to quiet down and got told to get lost so the stand manager tried to turf one of them out to cries of f*** off!! Think he realized he had no chance and slinked off. They'll get a warning no doubt but it seems very heavy handed as they were just having a laugh and there's been no grief otherwise.

They're the ones making all the atmosphere as well.

PS> if anyone knows who im talking about and the club are giving them grief, me and my mate will attest to their good nature :thumbsup:

yep thats the ones,upper west b block,like i said,dont think they know who they are messing with,from a certain pub

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
a bloke in front of me at the POSH game had a Hip Flask full of scotch i believe, he had a quick nip before the game in the concourse and got it taken off of him in the stands even though it was in his pocket

Also saw this- good idea if you dont get caught!!

At the Amex, of course, all that they have to do to control season ticket holders who fall below the required standards of behaviour is cancel the facility on their smartcard that entitles them to get into future matches. A mere push of a button. At Withdean, they had to get hold of the physical ticket to be certain of preventing future admission.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
mmm....did i say that,read again,as others had said,bit of banter.
no doubt rather than creating a good atmosphere against leeds and palace,your be sipping your hot choc

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
yep thats the ones,upper west b block,like i said,dont think they know who they are messing with,from a certain pub

I know what you're saying and I think I know who you're talking about, but unfortunately at the new stadium if you don't toe the line you're gonna be banned, it's too easy with the new smart card. And to be fair to the club, they did say if you want to stand up, cause a noise and shout and swear they did say the north stand was the place to go, and true to their word the stewarding in the north has been very very laid back.

Last edited:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
mmm....did i say that,read again,as others had said,bit of banter.
no doubt rather than creating a good atmosphere against leeds and palace,your be sipping your hot choc

Nah il be having a few pints just don't need to swear and abuse the away fans to get a atmosphere going.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
a couple of people were ushered out by a steward Saturday and they never returned, not sure if he had been tipped off by surveillance or if a complaint had been made from someone near by , can't pick your nose these days

If it is in an area where nose picking isn't allowed then you really don't have an argument!!!!

Jan 30, 2008
If you're talking about the two blokes taken out of West Stand Lower, they were probably part of a group who have, at every home match so far, been using foul and abusive language right through the match, from the word go.

We've got a similar group right next to us, carrying on in exactly the same way (despite the fact they have small kids with them). We're all for people having a good time and a bit of banter, but these people go too far and it's intimidating to many of the supporters around. You expect the old expletive, but not every other word!!?

We don't intend to be subjected to it for the whole season and have made a complaint to our nearest steward, have to say he was very sympathetic and assured that they are on to it. He mentioned there was another group a bit further back from us and it must have been from there that these blokes were ejected. So, whoever complained about them well done. :thumbsup:
i don't think you've done yourself any favours .

Jan 30, 2008
I sit close by, to the 3 decks of senior police and match security officials have a stack of screens and other gadgets in their new glass box. Must be loving it compared to their hutch at Withdean.
The senior cop also uses binoculars (to scan for totty?!). :lolol:
i wonder how much that lot cost ?

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
If you're talking about the two blokes taken out of West Stand Lower, they were probably part of a group who have, at every home match so far, been using foul and abusive language right through the match, from the word go.

We've got a similar group right next to us, carrying on in exactly the same way (despite the fact they have small kids with them). We're all for people having a good time and a bit of banter, but these people go too far and it's intimidating to many of the supporters around. You expect the old expletive, but not every other word!!?

We don't intend to be subjected to it for the whole season and have made a complaint to our nearest steward, have to say he was very sympathetic and assured that they are on to it. He mentioned there was another group a bit further back from us and it must have been from there that these blokes were ejected. So, whoever complained about them well done. :thumbsup:

So you seem surrounded by fan's who are enjoying the match, probably in the way that they have always done. You clearly see it differently. Does that make you a minority then?

I would also suggest that any bad language is not aimed directly at you. It's all part and parcel of the whole football experience. Switch off your "bad language radar" for an hour and a half, its not personal.

Jan 30, 2008
So you seem surrounded by fan's who are enjoying the match, probably in the way that they have always done. You clearly see it differently. Does that make you a minority then?

I would also suggest that any bad language is not aimed directly at you. It's all part and parcel of the whole football experience. Switch off your "bad language radar" for an hour and a half, its not personal.
mate, they just feel out of place , they stick out like sore thumbs believe me .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here