Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cctv in the ground

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Yes.

There is another thread today which said a kid was spotted on the stadium CCTV holding a beer for an adult, and was warned by a steward sent in to sort.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As in all large arenas, why do you have a problem with it ?

Jan 30, 2008
a couple of people were ushered out by a steward Saturday and they never returned, not sure if he had been tipped off by surveillance or if a complaint had been made from someone near by , can't pick your nose these days

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am big brother and i am watching me. It's bloody boring though. I sometimes see myself chimpishly picking my nose or staring unhappily at another malted chest hair that's uncannily greyed, but in general i am just lying down waiting to think of something, that eureka moment that will either have me think of a way to communicate with squirrels or have developed in dream the peel-yourself banana.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
It would appear not in the toilet cubicles whilst someone's smoking a fag.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
so you like people looking at you even though you're just sitting there playing with yourself :lolol:

It was my grandson who was spotted holding his uncles beer while he had a smoke outside the north stand concourse after the game. If it stops 'supporters' being idiots and causing trouble then I am all for it. I would assume that the CCTV is watching all sections of the crowd during the game again to stop any problems before they actually happen.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
It was my grandson who was spotted holding his uncles beer while he had a smoke outside the north stand concourse after the game. If it stops 'supporters' being idiots and causing trouble then I am all for it. I would assume that the CCTV is watching all sections of the crowd during the game again to stop any problems before they actually happen.

I'd be interested to know the cost-benefit analysis of this. In reality, how often is there actually any trouble that is deemed worthy? Bear in mind there's 20,000 decent fans and a handful of idiots at worst. By and large we police ourselves and there are plenty of stewards around I think a lot of CCTV at matches is unnecessary.

It's all part of the Big Brother society that we live in where they trot out the old mantra "if you've done nothing wrong then you've nothing to hide". I'd turn it around on its head - "if I'm minding my own business then you've no reason to be snooping on me".

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is possibly a legal requirement to have CCTV as part of the grounds certificate. Using your theory why do the police have an officer with a video camera filming any incident.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
It is possibly a legal requirement to have CCTV as part of the grounds certificate. Using your theory why do the police have an officer with a video camera filming any incident.

I dare say it is compulsory but I question the need for the law. The statistics on CCTV usage in this country compared with other countries is outrageous. We are the most watched nation in the world and yet our crime statistics are not demonstrably lower than similar countries with lower CCTV usage.

It's lazy and unnecessary. Get rid of most them I say.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I dare say it is compulsory but I question the need for the law. The statistics on CCTV usage in this country compared with other countries is outrageous. We are the most watched nation in the world and yet our crime statistics are not demonstrably lower than similar countries with lower CCTV usage.

It's lazy and unnecessary. Get rid of most them I say.

Is it compulsory ask that to the fan the other week that had his coat stolen by another Brighton fan, but i think it was CCTV in the end that found the guy.

Or the fact that it seems to be slowing down football violence in the stands.

Im pleased its there, i couldnt give a toss if were the most watched country in the world, i ant doing anything wrong they can watch me all i like, its not effecting me so why should i be bothered about it, in fact makes me feel more comfortable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here