Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cats...

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Following on from Easy 10's escapades this week, I have just walked in from work to find that one of my two cats has pissed all over the couch. Needless to say, as the parents are in spain til tomorrow, the room stinks to high heaven and i'm in a little dilemma.

Do I take the Easy 10 hard line ? Punching both cats in the gut as a lesson for their troubles ? Rub both their noses in it as a lesson of future reprimands ? Or just clean it up and ignore them for their time until they apologise to me later.

Your thoughts and guidance are required, especially from a certain Mr.10 :)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
we have a cat that peed everywhere and let me tell you if that cat pee has sunk into the actual cushions your living room will smell worse tomorrow.

i'd get everything off and wash it up and get some bicarb all over the place.

our peeing cat is not allowed indoors anymore.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
:( Thanks for that Starry. Not great news. The windows are currently opened full, and as they are only KITTENS, born on the 5th May, they aren't allowed out yet. There sitting across the room from me at the moment, with that dumb shit look on their mugs. :rant:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I punched it in the ribs, not the gut.

Seems to have worked so far. Ive not seen it since.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
piss on it , see how it likes it :p

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
she may have a urinary infection...you heartless beast!!!!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
they're both boys....puts paid to that suggestion dave !! AND BRADERS...i'm TRYING to teach them that this was a BAD THING that one of them did....PISSING on them would be contradicting that statement....

Looks like it is a punch in the ribs at the moment...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
they're both boys....puts paid to that suggestion dave !! AND BRADERS...i'm TRYING to teach them that this was a BAD THING that one of them did....PISSING on them would be contradicting that statement....

Anyone that passes urine can get a urinary infection.

Thanks

Doogie Howser MD.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

ok perhaps HE has a urinary infection

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Perhaps tie a Tena Lady to its rear end, or employ the use of a cork? Although to quote a popular phrase, "better out than in". Last thing you want is for the poor thing to explode.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
If a cat pees somewhere it shouldn't put a bowl of food where they have peed. They stop immediately as they will never pee where they eat.
It worked with my male cat. He was peeing because of stress (my daughter's cat came to live here) but hasn't done it since.
I would advise steam cleaning for the couch.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
When my cats do something like this I normally discipline them by rubbing their nose in whatever it was (usually plants they've been chewing) and grabbing them by the scruff. Sort of does the trick. Sort of - because they still do it just not in front of me, clever bastards!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
When my cats do something like this I normally discipline them by rubbing their nose in whatever it was (usually plants they've been chewing) and grabbing them by the scruff. Sort of does the trick. Sort of - because they still do it just not in front of me, clever bastards!

Cats LOVE being grabbed or scratched on the scruff of their necks. It reminds them of when their mums picked them up in their mouths when they were babies. That might be why it doesn't work. They probably think you're rewarding them :lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I punched it in the ribs, not the gut.

Seems to have worked so far. Ive not seen it since.

Yep but you hit him a tad too hard Easy.

165299055_ce57e5727d.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Following on from Easy 10's escapades this week, I have just walked in from work to find that one of my two cats has pissed all over the couch. Needless to say, as the parents are in spain til tomorrow, the room stinks to high heaven and i'm in a little dilemma.

Do I take the Easy 10 hard line ? Punching both cats in the gut as a lesson for their troubles ? Rub both their noses in it as a lesson of future reprimands ? Or just clean it up and ignore them for their time until they apologise to me later.

Your thoughts and guidance are required, especially from a certain Mr.10 :)

Cats normally pee indoors because they are stressed and in your case I would clean up and say nothing they are probably missing your parents.

Cats can't as yet speak so have to show you that somethings wrong by peeing or pooing indoors and get stressed because of this ................rescue remedy 4 drops in food or water morning and evening or dap on the tips of the cats ears.

Rescue Remedy is a flower remedy and is for de-stressing and is totally harmless,I have been using it for years on strays who have come indoors and fighting cats.

putting them outdoors only serves the purpose of stressing the cat further and the cat rightly will find another more sympathetic home.

I am going to give you the wisdom of King Solomon now, with regards to this cat dilemma. A fair amount of thought and research, and Solomon's solution to the two women arguing over the baby;

Cut both the cats in half, and place the halves - two halves outside the house, and two halves inside.
The cats will not soil your sofa ever again.

You have not been charged etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here