Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cat's got fleas.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
A cat that frequents my house (It's not mine, one of the neighbours but spends all it's time round here:angry: ) has fleas. It's got a flea collar but that doesn't do a thing and I don't want to take it to the vet as IT'S NOT BLOODY MINE (and the neighbours couldn't give a toss). Tried some anti flea drops that you pop on it's back "clear all fleas in 4 hours" but it just sent the cat in to mad spasms leaping about the room like it was possesed. After chasing it round the house with a bottle of water trying to get it off I managed to calm the poor bastard down.

So, any budding NSC vets out there that can tell me a treatment that works and won't result in chemical burns?

Louisjpbacon

Oct 12, 2004
Southampton
i am happy to tell you i know of these things.

i feel that the best course of action is to hit the cat repeatedly with any large, blunt heavy item. upon finishing this, then return it to the owners house where you will be thanked and potentially offered lemonade for your services.
:dunce:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How do you make a cat bark ?

Pour petrol over it, throw a match on and ...

... It goes WOOF !

Last edited:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Simple this.

Get the cat.

Get down to its level.

Then with a firm and forceful voice say

Fuckoff you tossing flea-riddent cat bastard.

Hey presto, he won't come round any more.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Barnet Seagull said:
Simple this.

Get the cat.

Get down to its level.

Then with a firm and forceful voice say

Fuckoff you tossing flea-riddent cat bastard.

Hey presto, he won't come round any more.

......but may scratch your eyes out.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Re: Re: Cat's got fleas.

Trufflehound said:
Send for Michael Bentine - he'll have 'em all trained and performing tricks in no time.

Shouldn't that be "performing ticks"?:D

D

Deleted member 2719

I am not a vet but i have been told i know how look after pussy!!

:ohmy:

Using the drop treatment should work did you part his fur at the back of the neck and make sure it went onto the skin because i think they go into there blood stream?

Make sure they can't lick it as they have been known to froth at mouth and i think it can be fatal if they lick too much.

They have been very affective on my pussy.

As a temporary measure give it a comb with a flea comb outside the house be thorough particulary around neck and base of tail.

Warning :

I am sure you know but if the fleas jump off him or the eggs hatch in your carpets sofa etc you will be in for a flea infested house and you will have to spray the whole house - believe me it is a real hassle.

Good luck.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Mouldy Boots said:
I am not a vet but i have been told i know how look after pussy!!

:ohmy:

Using the drop treatment should work did you part his fur at the back of the neck and make sure it went onto the skin because i think they go into there blood stream?

Make sure they can't lick it as they have been known to froth at mouth and i think it can be fatal if they lick too much.

They have been very affective on my pussy.

As a temporary measure give it a comb with a flea comb outside the house be thorough particulary around neck and base of tail.

Warning :

I am sure you know but if the fleas jump off him or the eggs hatch in your carpets sofa etc you will be in for a flea infested house and you will have to spray the whole house - believe me it is a real hassle.

Good luck.

good advice,but i would suggest that you use a spot-on from the vet called front-line its now non prescriptive but its a bit pricey.
alternitively if the cat is being neglected by your neighbours and you don't want the cat around your house email
ron@lostcatsbrighton.org.uk and he will arrange to pick the cat cat up from you and re-home it with someone who will care about it.
???

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Frontline will get rid of those fleas. :wave:

FRONTLINE.jpg

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
glasfryn said:
good advice,but i would suggest that you use a spot-on from the vet called front-line its now non prescriptive but its a bit pricey.
alternitively if the cat is being neglected by your neighbours and you don't want the cat around your house email
ron@lostcatsbrighton.org.uk and he will arrange to pick the cat cat up from you and re-home it with someone who will care about it.
???

Thanks for the advice, cat's a pain in the arse but the kids love it to bits. Here he is in the conservatory:
dsc028908ha.jpg

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
2 lots of Frontline and kennel cough sprays for our mutts yesterday came to £114 :eek:. Frontline is expensive but it is very good though I've not seen a flea or a tick on them since we've been using it.

Truth is the cat will always have fleas, they are impossible to get rid of. What happens is if the cat does not come around often enough the fleas get hungry and feed on human blood, on which incidentally they cannot survive anyway. You are far better to get a spray or treatment for your house as it is the house that has the fleas that are biting you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here