Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Catering

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The breakfast pie was pretty decent (£6)

Arrived at 12.15 yesterday with the hangover from hell having been at a wedding all day on Friday, to find they had sold out of Breakfast pies so had to have chicken :mad:

Obviously, I'm not pointing fingers, but ......

The boy* then got a breakfast one at half time and taunted me with it

* if 30+ can still be a boy

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As St now arrive at ground over an hour before KO and it was 11.30 decided to try the breakfast pie.. Surely that is a cockup to have no pies available that early.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well, I went to the Terminator kiosk in the West lower after the game and had a rather tasty chicken pie which the seagull overlords somehow charged me and the lad for in a negligible queue. We waited for the rain to die down watching the highlights. My favourite bit being the fat united kit putting his hands over his ears when the 2nd goal went in.

I did notice - albeit didn't participate as was driving - that it was 7 effing quid for a Robo-Moretti that tastes like piss in it's plastic cup. That belongs in the same progress bin as the Robot pizzas which are equally as minging.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yeah, City have their own way of working out financial matters😉. Not sure how a survey would give the answer
Quite simply they worked out based on 3 sources. Questionnaires, trialling different service methods and seeing how speed impacted takings and also by time and motion studies using cameras to assess people who queued and then walked away or who didn't get served before games starting etc

It's quite standard in business

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
The only way I can avoid the nightmare queues in East Upper is to pop out 5 mins before HT, then come back to my seat and hold onto my pie until halfway through HT as it seems rude to start eating before everyone else.

Disappointed there were no breakfast pies left to experience but at least they still had the dependable steak and ale. According to their website they make 10,000 pies for every game which means 1 in 3 of the congregation consume a pie during the game. Seems a lot considering all the other, lowlier food items also on sale.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We knew it would be carnage yesterday and it didn't disappoint.

Man city did a survey at their stadium and worked out that of service was just 10 seconds quicker each order it would increase income by £10m per season. Given sodexo are I believe on a fixed contract that is their income they're hitting and also of local suppliers if they reduce orders
£10m is about £10 a head for everyone for 20 games. they seem to follow some special accounting there.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I jumpedin quick at Tap bar for a steak pie as the guy put it in the dispenser. That will be fresh and hot I thought, but no, it was cold.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
£10m is about £10 a head for everyone for 20 games. they seem to follow some special accounting there...
If you include European and other cup games as well. It's not an unreasonable number if you cover people put off spending inside the ground

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is that self-service scan-card-on-entering catering thing being continued this season in, if memory serves, ESL. Or was last season just a trial of the tech?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
At Goodison last week, I ordered a pie and was given a plastic bottle of Carling. The server thought I had asked for a ‘pint’. I was tempted to point out that a 500ml plastic bottle of Carling could not be considered a pint but didn’t want to be ‘that guy’ who complains to weekend staff on minimum wage about catering.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not really. Wasn't nit-picking. Just asking a straight question - who needs to eat at a football match?

You've failed to answer. Just substituted 'wants' for 'needs' and think that's some kind of triumphant rebuttal. It ain't. There is a difference between things you choose to do and things you have to do. You can choose to eat crap over-priced food at a football match; you don't have to.
Want / need is a spurious argument. This is income to the club. Ideally the food and drink should be so good people are determined to have some just because.

Jo at Piglets has done a great job of making her offerings as good as possible, to the extent we were quite famous for the pies in the early Amex days. Sodexo have, however, increased the beer prices and shrunk their food.

No one, and I mean no one should buy a burger at the ground ever again. Pie or sausage roll, fine, but there needs to be a burger boycott.

I’m going to eat in the pub on Tuesday because I’d like some dinner (if that’s ok with you?). That’s on Sodexo.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Want / need is a spurious argument. This is income to the club. Ideally the food and drink should be so good people are determined to have some just because.

Jo at Piglets has done a great job of making her offerings as good as possible, to the extent we were quite famous for the pies in the early Amex days. Sodexo have, however, increased the beer prices and shrunk their food.

No one, and I mean no one should buy a burger at the ground ever again. Pie or sausage roll, fine, but there needs to be a burger boycott.

I’m going to eat in the pub on Tuesday because I’d like some dinner (if that’s ok with you?). That’s on Sodexo.
There's an overwhelming case to be made for Uncle Sams having a franchise at the Amex. Piglets supply quality pies by a local supplier. Ditto Harveys with the beer. Why should the club accept provision of bland generic burgers instead of showcasing an iconic longtime local supplier of superb burgers? So iconic they even have their own NSC emoji FFS :unclesam:

Last edited:

Fromthewest

Jan 1, 2024
Keep it schtum, but I bought a bottle of coke yesterday and got given it with the lid on!
WSU even an hour and a quarter before kick off, very little choice had a burger it was very small, wont be getting one again. Few staff only 2 serving at that time! Staff were clueless and yes did leave my bottle top on ( at least it didn’t then end up getting spilt). 😀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here