Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering Feedback?

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Hi again.

I've posted on here a few times. I'm a team leader in one of the food kiosks at the AMEX (though I can't say which one).

Just wondering if anyone has any more comments/complaints/suggestions about the catering at the stadium since the last time I spoke to you all.

I'm willing to answer any questions you have (within reason). Your feedback helps me to do my job. :amex:

Much love

TryingToServe

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
East stand run out of burgers. Fed up with it and will take my own food next time.

Yeah I'm aware of this issue. I have the same problem. This is all down to the new burgers being introduced. The club understood that the burgers we were serving up before weren't good enough - and I couldn't agree more. They were often dry, burnt or just downright disgusting. We listened and now we've introduced fresh burgers and cheese for your sandwich. However since we brought them in we're experiencing higher demand, understandably. It may take a couple of matches to get the stock levels right but hopefully this will be sorted in the very near future.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Much MUCH better in central WSU. The guy who runs it (tall, light brown hair) has done an excellent vob organising efforts.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Much MUCH better in central WSU. The guy who runs it (tall, light brown hair) has done an excellent vob organising efforts.

Good to hear you're having a better time up there. There's recently been a change of senior management in WSU and there's been instant results. The floor manager up there is much more pro-active in supporting the staff.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I'm in the northstand only tried the pies. Chicken balti is the best imo. Tried them all with the exception of the vegetable one. No complaints here. Staff friendly. suusex beer also good. Cheers.

Can't say I'd noticed, but that may be because I gave up buying anything from the stadium after about 6 games.

My money is now spent in Lewes before the game.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Noodles are proper shit,seriously,its a glorified pot noodle,for £7.
Burgers (had 3 since Amex opened) all been cold.
Pies,aint all that either.
Look at most grounds,you will see,sausage rolls,meat and potato pies,pasties etc,all favs amongst the majority of fans,and the majority is who the catering should be aimed at.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Cardiff game - WSL lower north end kiosk had sold out of pies soon after 7:00pm. How can that be - must have a feel for midweek demand now and assume it is higher than on a Sat? Pies are always great when you can get them!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
WSU upper north end has been consistently good recently... hot delicious pies... and the speed of service has definitely improved... keep it up :thumbsup:

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
I'm in the northstand only tried the pies. Chicken balti is the best imo. Tried them all with the exception of the vegetable one. No complaints here. Staff friendly. suusex beer also good. Cheers.

Interesting. Partial to a chicken and ham myself. But I have to say the Harvey's isn't for me. Cold cider/lager any day of the week. Glad to hear you're not having any problems.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Wednesday night, straight after the Cardiff game I went to the West Lower for a tea and a chicken and ham pie, was told they were out of tea so asked for a beer only to then be told they were out of chicken and ham pies and only steak and ale left, so I took that, imagine my surprise when I bit into it to find out it was chicken balti... Just as well I like that really isn't it?...

The bird was pretty fit though. :thumbsup:

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Can't say I'd noticed, but that may be because I gave up buying anything from the stadium after about 6 games.

My money is now spent in Lewes before the game.

Each to his own I suppose, but I do urge you to try the food at the stadium again. A lot has changed since the start of the season. You may find something to your liking.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
WSL ran out of meat pies yesterday at half time - I sampled my first veggie pie - although it was hot it tasted shite and I won't be having one again!!! Carrot purée pie is not my thing obviously!!! Also queues were massive and when I finally reached the counter they had stopped serving alcohol!!! To be honest It was probably a good thing as I'd had a couple before the game in Dicks and was going back in there after for a couple!!! My head would be feeling even worse this morning than it is now had I managed to get another vino!!!!

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Noodles are proper shit,seriously,its a glorified pot noodle,for £7.
Burgers (had 3 since Amex opened) all been cold.
Pies,aint all that either.
Look at most grounds,you will see,sausage rolls,meat and potato pies,pasties etc,all favs amongst the majority of fans,and the majority is who the catering should be aimed at.

In all honesty - I agree with you about the noodles. I can't see the sense of them to be honest. All I can say is that the noodles and all the ingredients are fresh, rather than the freeze-dried stuff you get in pot noodles. But sometimes you shouldn't try and fix what aint broke. Give me a pot noodle and I'll be more than happy. And about a fiver better off too!

Burgers....have you tried one recently? As I mentioned before we've bought new ones and the quality is much better.

I'm sorry the pies aren't to your liking but I happen to know that Piglet's Pantry who supply us with pies are looking to introduce a pasty for the start of next season so fingers crossed!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Each to his own I suppose, but I do urge you to try the food at the stadium again. A lot has changed since the start of the season. You may find something to your liking.

Likewise, I'm in the same boat of having given up on the stadium food. OK, I will give things another try.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
We're in the North and the food and service has always been excellent.

The burger I had early in the season was RANK but my daughter had one recently and said it was lovely so they have definitely improved.

The pies are superb. Anyone moaning about them doesn't really have a clue - they are SO much better than the crappy generic shite you get at most grounds.

I would like to see a nice pasty introduced though.

The service has improved over the course of the season as well.

:thumbsup:

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Cardiff game - WSL lower north end kiosk had sold out of pies soon after 7:00pm. How can that be - must have a feel for midweek demand now and assume it is higher than on a Sat? Pies are always great when you can get them!

I can only apologise for this - I assume that they had some problem with their ovens because there's no way they should sell out that quickly. Even if all of the pies are gone early on they should have got more from elsewhere for half time/after the game. We're never given so few pies that we run out that quickly. The staff should have communicated this to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here