Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catch 22

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The g/f wants to come round tonight and wants to watch a dvd nd then go out clubbing or somthing and normaly course id be up for this but its Capeloes first game!! I CANT miss it.. She cant stand it when I watch football because I just shut off to the world! So what do I do? Miss cappelo or miss the gf? Im screwed :(

:shootself

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The g/f wants to come round tonight and wants to watch a dvd nd then go out clubbing or somthing and normaly course id be up for this but its Capeloes first game!! I CANT miss it.. She cant stand it when I watch football because I just shut off to the world! So what do I do? Miss cappelo or miss the gf? Im screwed :(

:shootself

Tape/Sky+ the footy, somehow manage to avoid the result, watch the DVD with your g/f but then claim you're too tired to go clubbing (or you have a headache, or whatever other excuse you think will work), then she can bugger off having had a lovey-dovey cosy evening, allowing you to watch the taped footy in peace and 'as live'.

:thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A woman scorned for a friendly isn't worth even thinking about. Go with the girlfriend but make it VERY clear that you are missing the game for her.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Miss the game.

1) It's an England friendly.
2) It'll be shit
3) Young, Bentley, Brown, Upson - hardly going to be a riveting evening even if we do win.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Watch football instead of a DVD then go clubbing after.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yh I have no way off taping it... I know it will probs be shit but still gonna be good... hmmm maybe i'll just drop it in and if she look bad quickly rush down to blockbuster with her...

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
Dont give in she will expect it everytime. Have some balls man.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
You have to set these precedents from the start. If you let her get away with it now you'll be telling her what you think of that nice dress in Oasis in the not too distant future. Tell her you're watching the footy coz thats what you'd prefer and that she's welcome to join you.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Ah ha! Excellent! Shes running late! So Ive got at least till halftime before I have to make a decsion! I love putting things off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here