Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Casper

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought he was awful and the policy of playing second string goalkeepers in cup games cost us a lucrative replay. His punch for the third goal was just laughable. Stay on your line or win it convincingly. 24,000 Brighton fans paid circa £30 to see a first team eleven weakened by one bollocks selection that cost the club and our support that big day out.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
As a keeper when I was playing footie watching Ankergren makes me cringe. He's distribution is the best we have at the club overall but his commanding of the area is schoolboy level at best. Should have been out far quicker for their second goal to narrow the angle and he needs to learn to punch the ball instead of slapping it.

All this to one side, he did make a couple of cracking saves. The problem is the PIG would have made the saves and possibly more without the f*** ups.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ps what good saves? Watch the highlights. Nothing more than routine and the positioning for the Podolski free kick? My five year old son could have done better.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Annoys the shit out of me when people look to the keeper for goals like that. How about the 10 other players around who failed to react?

Casper had a great game today. Yes the punch was not the strongest, but that does not make the goal his fault!

Ironically the pricks who constantly blast him for not coming for balls, were shown why. Of course they are the first to moan that he cost us the game as well!

What a bollox post his failure to deal with a cross in punching it downwards directly caused the shooting opportunity. So yes he was at fault. Us pricks who moan that he doesn't command his area have been proved correct. He's not good enough and Poyet's selection has again cost us.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
For all those saying Kuszczak could do nothing about the first, did you go to the Barnsley game where he produced an almost identical save early on? He isn't a great shot stopper and still flaps at crosses. I think Brezovan would have done better today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Worried me throughout, dithery with the ball at his feet. But, he does need games in case Kuszchak gets an injury.

He does lack any sort of spring, though the first goal was well taken and came through players as well. The second I felt he was culpable slightly, as his starting position was poor and he was a split second late reacting. The third was definitely his fault.

But, world class save at the end from point blank range and a couple of other good stops. Sadly, as a goalie it's not the shots you save that are remembered it's the ones you let in.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Unsighted for the first.
I don't think he could've done much about the second.
Poor punch led to the third.

Couple of good saves. He's not the best, but to blame him n after such a great team effort is pointless.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
What a bollox post his failure to deal with a cross in punching it downwards directly caused the shooting opportunity. So yes he was at fault. Us pricks who moan that he doesn't command his area have been proved correct. He's not good enough and Poyet's selection has again cost us.

You have missed my point really. The punch was not the best i am not denying that, but my point is that Walcott shouldn't have been unmarked on the edge of the area, yet there's not thread criticising whoever was supposed to be picking him up. Unfortunately goalkeepers will always be in the spot light, such is the nature of the position.

And i don't see how you can confidently state that Poyet's selection cost us? Casper made two cracking saves from Giroud, which on the day TK may not have. I'm not denying that Kuszc is the better keeper (he clearly is) but I'm a big fan of changing the keepers in the cups, gives the back ups a chance to show what they can do. It's the worst position to play because there is only one place in the team, so keeping spirits up by changing them occasionally, for me is the correct thing to do.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Tripe

If anything el abd caused the second by failing to close down the scorer.
For the third, he couldn't punch upwards unless the ball was above him which it wasn't. Let down by shoddy defence.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Putting your second rate keeper in with defenders who are used to playing with a better keeper, one who can organise them better against Arsenal was a mistake. CA ain't playing again this season so why bother giving him this headline match? One less goal conceded & we pick up £1m from the replay. Not clever

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What's done is done, it's over and we are out. But your first choice keeper should always play, by player another keeper just because it's the cup you are weakening the side. That is not in the club's best interest, the decision to play Ankergren could just have cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds, or whatever a replay would have been worth???

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tripe

If anything el abd caused the second by failing to close down the scorer.
For the third, he couldn't punch upwards unless the ball was above him which it wasn't. Let down by shoddy defence.

You don't punch the ball downwards into a danger area, quite simple really. If you can't collect the ball safely or able to punch clear you don't do exactly what he did. Really poor goalkeeping and certainly not the first time. Our reserve keepers are of such poor quality it beggars belief that anyone would put them into a game unless there's an injury.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And i don't see how you can confidently state that Poyet's selection cost us?

By selecting an inferior goalkeeper I would have thought.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought he was awful and the policy of playing second string goalkeepers in cup games cost us a lucrative replay. His punch for the third goal was just laughable. Stay on your line or win it convincingly. 24,000 Brighton fans paid circa £30 to see a first team eleven weakened by one bollocks selection that cost the club and our support that big day out.

:drama:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here